Financing and Cost of Living
Financing your exchange
The exchange programme usually provides you with some grant administered by your own university, the rest you have to get from other sources. There are no Finnish grants or scholarships available for foreign exchange students. Please note that Hanken does not offer any grants or other finacial support system for international students.
What is considered sufficient funds varies with individual spending habits. You certainly wish to enjoy the stay, which probably means that you have to add to your normal monthly expenses.
Approximate monthly cost of living
- Rent: EUR 400-500 (HOAS ) or EUR 500-700 (private market)
- Food: EUR 250 (whereof the state subsidized Hanken lunch approx. 60)
- Local transport: EUR approximately EUR 25 (student discount)
- Personal/incidental, study material: EUR 200
According to former exchange students who have been doing the "regular" touring exchange students do, i.e. Lapland, St. Petersburg, Tallinn, Stockholm, the monthly average budget amount to EUR 1200 or more.
- Rent: EUR 250-350 (VOAS)
- Food: EUR 250 (whereof the state subsidized Hanken lunch is approx. 60)
- Personal/incidental, study material, local transportation: EUR 200