Master's studies in Humanitarian Logistics
Why Humanitarian Logistics?
Studying humanitarian logistics will help you understand the needs of a society and contribute to its resilience. You will learn how to apply logistics and supply chain management to the humanitarian context by designing and managing supply chains on a strategic and operational level. The skillset will prepare you to liase and co-operate together with organisations, both governmental and non-governmental, anywhere in the world.
In a nutshell
- 120 credits, 2 years of full-time study
- Language: English
- Next application round opens: 1 November 2022
- Degree: MSc in Economics and Business Administration
- Location: Helsinki, Finland
Even in my wildest dreams, I could not have imagined that I could combine a business degree with my passion to help those in need!
Year 1 Fall
- Supply Chain Management
- Supply Chain Risk and Resilience
- Multivariate Data Analysis
- Strategy & Sustainability
Year 1 Spring
- Humanitarian Logistics
- Project course in Corporate Social Responsibility & Humanitarian Logistics
- Qualitative Methods in Business Studies
- Research Seminar
- Free choice of language studies
- Opportunity for exchange studies abroad
- Master's thesis
Graduation in June
Upon graduation you will have
- a solid foundation of management expertise, with market-oriented strategic thinking
- be equipped with a variety of perspectives on logistics and supply chain management's relation to the humanitarian context
- the tools to apply independent and critical thinking to decision-making
Fees and funding
All citizens of the European Union (EU) and the European Economic Area (EEA) countries, plus citizens of Switzerland, are not required to pay tuition fees.
All non-EU/EEA students admitted to the Master's Degree Programme in English are required to pay tuition fees at all universities in Finland. There are certain exemptions and you can find more here.
The fee for non-EU/EEA students at Hanken is 12500 EUR/year.
I would recommend anyone who has an interest in studying Humanitarian Logistics to give it a try: the need for logisticians is constantly growing in a globalized economy and studying at Hanken prepares you very well for it through a combination of practical and theoretical exercises.