Corporate Responsibility module for Non-degree students
The application to the Corporate Responsibility module 2023-2025 opens Friday April 28th on studyinfo.fi! For more information about the application process see " Application process 2023" below.
Hanken offers a study module in Corporate Responsibility (CR), which is designed to provide anyone residing in Finland and interested in CR with an in-depth understanding of issues related to CR from different stakeholder perspectives. Below is more information about the the application process and CR studies for non-degree students.
The minimum credits needed to complete the study module is 25 ECTS within a period of maximum two years and can be registered, similar to a minor subject, as a study module on your bachelor's or master's degree or can be taken as a stand-alone module if you are not pursuing any degree.
The study module in Corporate Responsibility at Hanken has been an excellent occasion for me to deepen my knowledge about CSR both from environmental and social point of view. I like the way professors have encouraged critical thinking. Course include both academic and corporate perspectives that help to broaden the vision of the complex world we are living in and tackle challenges modern societies are encountering currently.
— Heidi Heinonen, CR Module Participant 2018-20, Project Manager at Forum Virium
The aim of the module is to provide students with an opportunity to learn about CR regardless of their major subject and educational background. The study module takes a cross-disciplinary approach combining courses from different subjects - Marketing, Supply Chain Management and Social Responsibility, Politics and Business, Accounting, Entrepreneurship, Management and Organisation, Commercial Law, Economics, and Corporate Governance. Hence, the module is not a part of any specific subject/department at Hanken, however, it is administered by the subject of Supply Chain Management and Social Responsibility.
- Hanken offers 40 seats to non-degree students annually.
- The applicant should be resident in Finland and should have an interest and/or background in CR and this should be clearly mentioned in the motivation letter. Please note that it is not a requirement that he/she should be registered as a student in any University in Finland.
- You are able to participate in the orientation session on Tuesday August 15th 2023 (10:00-12:00) and the compulsory introductory lessons on Thursday, August 17th and 25th 2023 (9:00-12:00). Both the orientation and introductory sessions will be held in Hanken's main building at Arkadiankatu 22 in Helsinki.
While applying for the module, please keep in mind that we receive large number of applications and from very different kinds of individuals. We follow certain principles, as outlined below, to ensure people are not ‘’competing’’ unfairly with each other
- We receive applications from both active students and working professionals, we categorise the applications according to those categories meaning to say, students ‘’compete’’ with students and working professionals with working professionals.
- Furthermore, we receive applications from people working and/or studying in different fields and after the first categorisation (students and working professionals), we further categorise people according to their field/specialisation.
- They are further categorised according to the length of work experience or level of studies.
- After these categories have been made and every application is then evaluated in their group based on the motivation letter.
- A number is set on the maximum number of individuals who can be selected from each category. This is done to ensure that participants selected in each category represent the same ratio as they represent in the larger application population (e.g. if there are 5% students within finance at Masters level applying, then in the final group of selected students, they will nearly represent 5%)
- There are in total 40 seats in the module each year
The applicants will need to fill out an online application on the national application portal database at Studyinfo.fi. In the application you need to attach your CV. The application for 2023-2024 is open from April 28th at 9:00AM to May 29th 3:00PM, 2023.
The decisions on admission will be finalised by Friday, June 9th and candidates will be informed accordingly.
Selected candidates will have to inform whether they accept their study place in the CR Module by Wednesday, June 14th.
4. Orientation and introductory sessions
The orientation session takes place on Tuesday August 15th (10:00-12:00) and the compulsory introductory lessons on Thursday, August 17th and 24th (9:00-12:00), these sessions are mandatory to attend.
The courses that can be taken within the module by non-degree participants are listed in the files below. Non-degree students can only choose courses that are available at Hanken in Helsinki.
Course list will be pulished soon!
Please note that you are required to register for the teaching in Sisu yourself from August 2023 onwards. This requires a study plan in Sisu. The instructions for Sisu can be found here.
If you still have questions, drop a line at email@example.com and we will help as best as we can!
When you have obtained 25 ECTS that can be included in the study module, you should submit a study module assessment request in SISU before your study rights expire. Instructions can be found here.
After the assessment, you will receive a completion certificate and a transcript of records.