23130-V Quantitative Research Methods for General Management, 5 cr
In this course, quantitative research methods, their strengths and weaknesses, are discussed. The course takes off from univariate analyses such as t-test and ANOVA, and continues to multivariate analysis including MANOVA, Multiple regression, and Factor analysis. The statistical program SPSS is used in the course.
You have an understanding of quantitative research and philosophy of science as well as have skills to solve problems in the field of marketing, entrepreneurship, management and organization, and for theory building and testing purposes. You can plan and conduct quantitative studies and evaluate findings.
- decide on a suitable research approach given a specific research problem
- apply the chosen research approach in a given research context
- collect quantitative data
- use SPSS for quantitative data analysis
- formulate conclusions based on findings
- evaluate scientific results and research ethics
- understand the basic of philosophy of science
- communicate and present in writing the selected research design and findings
- discuss implications of research for international and local society
The course is for students in the Marketing, Management and Organisation Track of the Master´s Programme in General Management only.
Completed bachelor's degree.
134 hours divided into
Scheduled (contact) hours: 18 hours
Non-scheduled work: 116 hours
HAIR J F & BLACK W C & BABIN B J & ANDERSON R E & TATHAM R L: Multivariate data analysis. 7 ed. Prentice Hall, NJ. 2010
Selected chapters as specified by the instructor.
Written exam (50%)
Assignment (50 %)
In order to pass the whole course, you need to pass both the written exam and the assignment.