Master's studies in Humanitarian Logistics
Why Humanitarian Logistics?
Studying humanitarian logistics will help you understand the needs of a society and contribute to its resilience. You will learn how to apply logistics and supply chain management to the humanitarian context by designing and managing supply chains on a strategic and operational level. The skillset will prepare you to liase and co-operate together with organisations, both governmental and non-governmental, anywhere in the world.
In a nutshell
- 120 credits, 2 years of full-time study
- Language: English
- Next application round opens: 1 November 2019
- Degree: MSc in Economics and Business Administration
- Location: Helsinki, Finland
Even in my wildest dreams, I could not have imagined that I could combine a business degree with my passion to help those in need!
Year 1 Fall
Strategic and Sustainable Organisations
Supply Chain Risk and Resilience
Corporate Responsibility Across Business Studies
Service and Customer Management
Year 1 Spring
Project course in Corporate Social Responsibility
One of the following:
Qualitative Methods in Business Studies
Multivariate Data Analysis
Year 2 Fall
Master's Thesis Seminar (can be taken in the summer to speed up graduation)
Free choice of language studies
Year 2 Spring
Opportunity for exchange studies abroad
Graduation in June
Upon graduation you will have
- a solid foundation of management expertise, with market-oriented strategic thinking
- be equipped with a variety of perspectives on logistics and supply chain management's relation to the humanitarian context
- the tools to apply independent and critical thinking to decision-making
I would recommend anyone who has an interest in studying Humanitarian Logistics to give it a try: the need for logisticians is constantly growing in a globalized economy and studying at Hanken prepares you very well for it through a combination of practical and theoretical exercises.