Hanken’s website www.hanken.fi is covered by the EU’s Web Accessibility Directive. The purpose of the directive is to promote access to and quality of digital services, information security, and accessibility of content, hence improving everyone’s access to digital services on equal terms. Hanken's website is also covered by the Act on the Provision of Digital Services that obliges the public sector and some private and third sector organisations to comply with accessibility requirements in their digital services.
Hanken’s website was published 12.10.2019 and the site’s current accessibility standard largely conforms with the directive. The website was built in accordance with the standard WCAG 2.1, level AA. The website is updated continuously. Hanken aims to fulfil the requirements of the directive both on its own platforms, and by working with subcontractors who comply with the directive.
The following content on the website contains shortcomings with regards to the accessibility directive:
- (WCAG 1.1.1) Non-text Content. The website has some images that lack a text alternative.
- (WCAG 1.3.1) Info and Relationships. Some pages on the website contain empty container elements.
- (WCAG 1.3.1) Info and Relationships. Some pages on the website contain empty heading elements.
- (WCAG 1.3.1) Info and Relationships. In some contexts, elements lack the right role in the code.
- (WCAG 1.4.1) Use of Color. Links among text are identified only by color.
- (WCAG 1.4.3) Contrast (Minimum). Some elements contain text that does not meet the minimum contrast requirement.
- (WCAG 2.4.4) Link Purpose (In Context). Links to publications are only shown with an icon, which has no text option.
- (WCAG 4.1.2) Name, Role, Value. Some elements on the site are missing required ARIA attributes.
- (WCAG 4.1.2) Name, Role, Value. Embedded videos are missing text alternative.
- (WCAG 4.1.1) Parsing. Some pages contain elements that don't have unique IDs.
We aim to have these shortcomings resolved by the end of 2023.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This accessibility statement was prepared 25.02.2020 and last updated 16.11.2022. During the preceding process, a comprehensive accessibility review of the website was made using a quality assurance tool. Regular checks are conducted to continuously improve the accessibility of the website.
Feedback and contact information
We warmly welcome questions and development suggestions regarding the accessibility of Hanken’s website. Feedback and can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We respond to feedback within 14 days. We strive to actively correct accessibility errors and shortcomings on the website.