Transferring Studies Completed in Finland

Information about how to transfer studies completed in Finland.

If you wish to transfer courses from a Finnish institution of higher education, Hanken usually transfers the course's credits and the equivalating grade to your transcript of records. Note that transfering grades is not automatic, and that not all courses can be transferred.

To your application you have to enclose:

  • an official transcript of records from the University/University of Applied Sciences where the course you want to transfer is visible/link to My studyinfo
  • a copy of the course's description (can be copied from the other university's homepage)

Depending on the studies you wish to transfer, there are different aspects you need to consider when applying for transfer of credits: 

Before you take a course you think is equivalent to a specific course offered at Hanken at another university, contact the teacher responsible for the subject/track the course belongs to at Hanken to make sure that is the case. Then the course will appear on your transcript as if you had completed the course at Hanken (the name of the course and course code).

If the course you have taken at another university is not equivalent to a course at Hanken but within a subject taught at Hanken, you can if needed apply to have the transferred credits counted within the subject in your study plan.

If the course you have taken at another university or in a polytechnic is not equivalent to any course at Hanken and not within any subject taught at Hanken you can apply for transferring it as freely elective studies. Example: Chinese language, Psychology or Health Sciences. You can also transfer a whole minor, if you have completed at least 25 cr within a study module or single subject at another higher education institution in Finland.