Summer and Winter Schools
Many of Hanken’s partner universities offer different kinds of summer schools. A summer school is normally 1-4 weeks long and may consist of several different courses. By taken part in a summer school you can broaden your degree by choosing courses that are not offered at Hanken and familiarize yourself with different academic areas. The courses are often in English with the possibility to also complete language courses in the language of the host country. After the course you can apply to get the course transferred to Hanken.
Information on the summer schools can be found on the partner universities’ web pages along with instructions for the application process and important deadlines. All students apply themselves directly the summer school of choice. If you have questions please contact email@example.com. Below you will find more information about your options.
- Summer Schools at Partner Universities in German, Portuguese and Spanish Speaking Countries
- ENGAGE.EU Summer School “Transformation to Sustainability – Challenges and Solutions” in Vienna, hosted by WU
- Summer and Winter Schools in other countries
- Transferring credits from a Summer or Winter School
To Summer Schools at Partner Universities in German-, Spanish- and Portugese speaking countries you can apply for a grant from the Elisabeth Schuster Fund to help cover the costs. Please see more information about the fund, requirements, application process and deadline here. Below you can find information on Summer Schools at Hanken partner universities in countries where German, Spanish or Portuguese are commonly spoken.
Please note that there may be other summer schools offered as well than the ones listed below:
- University of Vienna Opens in new window
- Vienna University of Economics and Business Administration Opens in new window
- Catholic University of Eichstaett-Ingolstadt, WFI Ingolstadt School of Management
- Johann Wolfgang Goethe-Universität Frankfurt am Main, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration
- Leipzig Graduate School of Management Opens in new window
- LMU Munich, Faculty of Business Administration - Munich School of Management, Faculty of Economics
- University of Mannheim Business School
- WHU - Otto Beisheim School of Management
- Católica Lisbon School of Business and Economics, Universidade Catolica Portuguesa
- Nova School of Business and Economics, (NOVA SBE), Universidade Nova de Lisboa
- Pompeu Fabra University Opens in new window , Barcelona
- Universidad Pontificia Comillas Opens in new window , Madrid
Many of Hanken's partner universities arrange high quality Summer and Winter Schools, unfortunately, there are no grants for other schools than the ones mentioned above. In case you are interested in Summer or Winter Schools offered at one of Hanken's partner universities, you can visit their website. The complete list of Hanken's partner universities is found here.
ENGAGE.EU Summer School "Transformation to Sustainability - Challenges and Solutions" in Vienna, hosted by WU
Hanken's bachelor level students have the opportunity to apply to participate in the ENGAGE.EU Summer School “Transformation to Sustainability – Challenges and Solutions” in Vienna, hosted by WU. The course takes place June 7, 2023, online and July 17-28, 2023, on campus in Vienna and equals 5 ECTS. Selected students will receive an automatic scholarship from Hanken for participation in the course. Read more here.
Many other Hanken's partner universities also arrange high quality Summer Schools, but unfortunately there are no Hanken funds awarding grants for others than German, Portuguese and Spanish speaking countries.
Take a look at the summer school possibilities at several Asian partners or in other European countries!
Courses taken at a Summer School can be transferred to Hanken. The easiest way to transfer the credits is to make them part of your elective studies in addition to minor and majors. After completing the Summer School you can apply in Sisu for transfering the course. Please hand in the transcript from the course to the international mobility team at Hanken. The team validates the courses and forwards the transcript to the Office of Study Affairs who in turn transfer the credits. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
See more information on transferring credits here.