The subject of Management and Organisation (M&O) is broad in terms of its areas of specialization and the capabilities and competences it helps to develop through the studies. This plays out in many possible career opportunities for those who graduate from M&O.
If you specialize in People Management, you can develop capabilities and competences for working in, for example:
- Human resources management and development: experts and managers in human resources are responsible e.g., for recruitment processes, compensation and benefits, and employee training and development in organizations.
- Human resource consulting: external HR consultants work to help organizations develop their people management, for example, in attracting the right people, integrating diversity, and engaging employees.
- People analytics: people and workforce analysts gather and analyze data to identify various kinds of trends and needs regarding personnel, recommend solutions, and help organizations improve their operations.
- Public relations and branding: experts and managers in public relations and branding develop and execute strategies to enhance an organization’s employer brand and reputation and help manage its relationships with stakeholders.
If you specialize in Strategy, you can develop capabilities and competences for working in, for example:
- Management consulting: management consultants work with organizations to identify problems and develop and implement solutions to improve their business operations.
- Business analytics: business analysts gather and analyze data to identify business trends, challenges, and opportunities, recommend solutions, and help organizations improve their operations.
- Project management: project experts and managers are responsible for planning, executing, and managing projects within an organization. They oversee timelines, budgets, and resources to ensure that projects are completed successfully.
- Sales management: sales managers lead sales teams and develop sales strategies to meet revenue targets and drive business growth.
- Management trainee: graduates in management and organization can also enter management training programs in companies and other organizations, where they can gain hands-on experience and develop their management skills.
If you take advantage of our offering on sustainability and responsibility studies, you can also develop capabilities and competences for working in, for example:
- Sustainability consulting: sustainability consultants support organizations in identifying their most material sustainability issues, implementing sustainable solutions in their operations, and integrating sustainability with core strategies.
- Sustainability management: sustainability managers lead and participate in sustainability teams, particularly within large organizations.
- Nonprofit management: managers oversee the strategies and operations of nonprofit organizations, including fundraising, program development, and financial management.
- Policy work: Policy experts work with consultancy and lobbying tasks in innovation intermediaries and policy think tanks.
- Social entrepreneurship: Graduates in management and organization can also become social entrepreneurs and start their own businesses. With the knowledge and skills gained from their studies, they can create and manage their own social ventures.