Transcript of studies and certificate of student status
Hanken has started using electronically verified transcripts from Sisu, i.e. transcript of studies and certificate of student status. This page contains instructions for how you as a student can get the transcripts from Sisu, as well as information about what electronic verification means.
- Transcript of studies
- Certificate of student status
- Electronic verification
- Checking the authenticity and integrity of a digital signature
To get a transcript of studies, go to the page My profile, and then to the tab Completed credits.
1. Click on the Form transcript button in the upper right corner.
2. You can select if you want all of your credits on the transcript, or only credits completed within a certain study right. It is unfortunately not possible to separate the bachelor and master studies at Hanken as they are completed within the same study right. The selection All study rights creates a transcript with all your credits found in Hanken's register. By selecting separate study rights you get separate files for credits in each study right.
You can also select whether you want the transcript to contain partially completed courses or not. Only the completed courses are printed as a default.
3. Select the language for your transcript: English or Swedish. You can select both languages, in which case you get separate transcripts for each language. Courses at Hanken do not have names in Finnish, only in Swedish and English.
4. Click on Print to form the transcript.
5. It can take a while for the transcript(s) to form. When the transcript is ready you will get the message "The PDF file has been created. Download the PDF" in a green banner at the top of the page. Click on the link to download the transcript.
If you selected several study rights or languages, a zipped folder containing separate PDF files for each selection will be created. The folder needs to first be saved on the computer and extracted, before you can open the transcripts. The options for saving and extracting the files depend on your web browser and the computer's operating system.
The first page of the transcript of studies contain your personal data and active study rights. The following page contains a list of completed degrees, study modules and courses (and partial courses if you selected them). At the end of the transcript you can find the grading scales and explanations.
To get a certificate of student status, go to the page My profile, and to the tab Study rights, which opens automatically.
1. Click on the Form a certificate of student status button in the upper right corner.
2. Select which language(s) you want the certificate in. You can select several languages if you want to, then you will get one certificate for each language. Click on Form to form the certificate.
3. It can take a while for the certificate(s) to form. When the certificate is ready you will get the message "The PDF file has been created. Download the PDF" in a green banner at the top of the page. Click on the link to download the transcript.
If you selected several languages, a zipped folder containing separate PDF files for each language will be created. The folder needs to first be saved on the computer and extracted, before you can open the transcripts. The options for saving and extracting the files depend on your web browser and the computer's operating system.
If you are registered as an attending student at Hanken School of Economics, you can download an official digitally signed transcript of records or a study certificate from Sisu. These documents are PDF documents equipped with a digital signature to confirm their authenticity and integrity.
Digital signatures are replacing handwritten signatures and stamps. The electronic documents should be a valid and primary alternative in all situations where signed and stamped paper documents have been used thus far. Whatever the transaction, if the party concerned does not accept your digitally signed document, you may request a signed and stamped paper document from The Student Service in Helsinki or the Office of Study Affairs in Vaasa, as before.
Electronic signature, as in a verified certificate, has to be checked from the original document only. If an electronic document is modified, the digital signature disappears. A digital signature is not valid on a printed document. Receiver of a document should not accept paper copies alone without the verified electronic document.
Validity of a digitally signed document is checked as follows:
- Open the PDF file with Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Open the Signature panel on the left side.
- Open Certificate Details under the Signature Details heading.
- Check the information of verification. A document of Hanken School of Economics is digitally signed, when the following information is mentioned in the Summary of an electronic PDF file:
Signed by Svenska Handelshögskolan (help(at)hanken.fi)
Issued by: Entrust Class 3 Client CA - SHA256
Valid from: 2023/02/15 10:35:26 + 03’00’
Valid to: 2026/02/15 10:35:26 + 03’00'
Credibility of a certificate can also be checked by contacting studyinfo(at)hanken.fi.