News and Events
- 02.02.2022: GODESS Institute research seminar with Professor Karin Berglund (Stockholm Business School, SE) "Feminist resistance in/towards neoliberal society".
Berglund´s presentation: "The presentation draws from a paper, which I´m currently writing on where we (together with colleagues Helene Ahl, Katarina Pettersson and Malin Tillmar) are engaging with contemporary philosopher Jonna Bornemark. Her concepts (intellectus and ratio) have been helpful to unravel the kind of resistance that women do when they engage in entrepreneurship. They do not (only - as the literature suggests) resist male dominance, but many other logics. In the presentation, I will provide a counter picture to the increasingly adopted postfeminist lens that positions women as ‘followers’ of neoliberal regimes".
The seminar will be hold online at 13 (CET) / 14 (EEST) time zones. For information and the link to access write an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org!
- 06.10.2021: GODESS Institute research seminar, in collaboration with ETHOS research group in Jyväskylä University business school, with Dr. Clare Stovell (Oxford Brookes University) "Can´t share? Won´t share? Examining work-family decision-making processes at the transition to parenthood".
- 09.2021: GODESS Institute welcomes new persons! Valentina and Hanna have recently started to work at GODESS Institute, as trainee and research assistant. Get to know more about them!
- Valentina Carnali
- Hanna Sjögren
- 17-18.06.2021: Opening keynote by Jeff Hearn, "Reprising Politcal Masculinities: A Single Simple Idea or A Case of Too Many Idea?", and part of Closing Panel at the International Workshop on "Political Masculinities as an Analytical Category", Netherlands Institute for Advanced Studies (NIAS), Amsterdam
- 11.05.2021: Seminar organized by Jeff Hearn on "Men, masculinities and digital violence", Department of Sociology of Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic