Studies in Statistics
You can study Statistics as a minor subject in Helsinki and Vaasa irrespective of your major. At a Master level, you can choose Statistics as a specialization within the subject of Finance in Helsinki, and likewise, at a PhD level.
Studying Statistics at Hanken will enable you to:
- use mathematics to describe relationships in the economy
- model and test those relationships using statistical and econometric models
- use programming languages such as R and Python to fit statistical models
- analyse economic data, including big data
- produce dynamic reports with text and code using Markdown and LaTeX
Statistics as a minor is an excellent combination with majors such as Finance and Economics - it will help you to master your major subject! For these and other subjects, it will equip you with hand-on experience in performing data analyses, which forms an essential part of Bachelor and Master theses, and makes you competitive on the job market.
Examples of analyses you will be carrying out during your studies in Statistics