Master's programme in Intellectual Property Law
The specialization in Intellectual Property Law is a unique opportunity for those students who want to learn about Intellectual Property at the intersection of law and business. The courses in this specialization are given in close cooperation with the industry. The courses are research based and are delivered by faculty members who are active at the forefront of development of IP law and policy in and outside Europe. There are also several visiting faculty members from all around the world that contribute to our courses with their great expertise.
Hanken is one of the founding members of the IPR University Center, which it hosts. The specialization also collaborates with the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO) and European Patent Office (EPO), in the context of Pan-European Seal programme.
Our graduates are equipped with:
- comprehensive knowledge of the intellectual property laws in Europe and internationally
- competence in and knowledge of intellectual property rights in a business environment
- research and analytical skills
- communication skills
- independent critical thinking in intellectual property matters
Facts about the programme:
- 120 credits, 2 years of full-time study
- Language: English
- Degree: MSc in Economics and Business Administration
- Location: Helsinki