2579 Advanced Course in Excel and VBA, 8 cr
The aim of the course is to teach advanced Excel with the Solver and Goal Seek. The course also addresses Visual Basic for Applications. The aim is that students after the course have excellent knowledge of Excel and good knowledge of VBA. The VBA part deals with functions, procedures, controls, events, tables, loops, forms, splash screens, wizards and much more.
You have a good knowledge of Excel. You have the practical ability and logical thinking that is required to develop advanced Excel macros.
• use Excel's more advanced features such as Solver
• use the object-oriented programming language Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
• apply basic programming techniques such as loops, tables, conditional statements, etc..
Completed course 2577 Basic Course in Excel.
214 hours divided into
Scheduled (contact) hours: 0 h
Non-scheduled work: 214 h
The course is a digital course on the web.
- The course material with theory and exercises will be on Moodle
- Alexander, M. (2016). Excel 2016 Power Programming with VBA. Indianapolis: John Wiley & Sons. (Supplementary reading).
Exam in the e-exam system and an extensive examination work.
Students who have taken the earlier Swedish course Avancerad Excel och VBA (8 credits, course code 2556-V) cannot take this course.
Open University Quota: 3
JOO students Quota: 3