The thesis process
Information for degree supervisors on the doctoral thesis examination process at Hanken
Information on the Submission of Doctoral Theses:
- Step by step:
The Doctoral Thesis Examination Process
- AC-decision 29 October 2014:
- Degree and thesis supervisors who are disqualified due to direct engagement in the thesis or personal relationship to the student (Swe. ‘jävig’), emeritus professors and other persons not employed by Hanken cannot act as administrator to the AC in matters concerning doctoral theses.
- It is recommended that the chair is a professor employed by Hanken within the major represented by the doctoral student.
- Instructions for composite theses
- Information about current fee for pre-examiners and opponents can be obtained from the department secretary
- General information for external reviewers and opponents here:
Instructions for reviewers and opponents
(in addition to the assessment form sent by the registrar to all reviewers and opponents).
Links to the most important forms for you as a degree supervisor in the thesis process:
(Please note that you are called 'administrator' in the forms)
- Fill in this form when a doctoral student you are responsible for has submitted his/her doctoral thesis for pre-examination. Obs! You receive an e-mail invitation to fill in this form via the eForm system after the PhD candidate has filled in the first form that starts the submission.
Proposal on permission for pre-examination and appointment of pre-examiners of doctoral thesis manuscript
- Fill in this form when the doctoral student has submitted his/her thesis for public examination:
Permission for public examination of doctoral thesis
- Fill in this form when a doctoral thesis should be submitted for approval by the Research Council:
Proposal to the Academic Council concerning approval of doctoral thesis