The thesis process
Information for degree supervisors on the doctoral thesis examination process at Hanken
Information on the Submission of Doctoral Theses:
- Step by step:
The Doctoral Thesis Examination Process
- AC-decision 29 October 2014:
- Degree and thesis supervisors who are disqualified due to direct engagement in the thesis or personal relationship to the student (Swe. ‘jävig’), Professors Emeriti, and other persons not employed by Hanken cannot act as administrator to the AC in matters concerning doctoral theses. One exception is Professors Emeriti who have a contract stipulating explicitly that they may complete their assignments as degree supervisors for doctoral students, on the condition that they have been assigned before their retirement.
- It is recommended that the chair is a professor employed by Hanken within the major represented by the doctoral student.
- Instructions for composite theses
- Information about current fee for pre-examiners and opponents can be obtained from the department secretary
- General information for external reviewers and opponents here:
Instructions for reviewers and opponents(in addition to the assessment form sent by the registrar to all reviewers and opponents).
Links to the most important forms for you as a degree supervisor in the thesis process:
(Please note that you are called 'administrator' in the forms)
- Fill in this form when a doctoral student you are responsible for has submitted his/her doctoral thesis for pre-examination:
Proposal on permission for pre-examination and appointment of pre-examiners of doctoral thesis manuscript
- Fill in this form when the doctoral student has submitted his/her thesis for public examination:
Permission for public examination of doctoral thesis
- Fill in this form when a doctoral thesis should be submitted for approval by the Academic Council:
Proposal to the Academic Council concerning approval of doctoral thesis