At the start of the semester, an introductory seminar is organised for all newly admitted doctoral students. A one to two-day seminar is organised every year in August or September.
During the seminar doctoral students receive information concerning
- the general structure of doctoral studies
- different course organisers
- national and international networks
- funding possibilities
- services provided by the library
The seminar is an opportunity for new doctoral students to get to know each other, as well as representatives from the academic and administrative staff at Hanken. In conjunction with the seminars, a season kick-off is organised where all new and old PhD students are welcome.
Participants will be informed about the seminar by e-mail. Material from the seminar will be available electronically after the seminar.
Introductory seminar for doctoral students 26th August 2021
09:30 Welcome: Introduction to the Hanken PhD Programme & Get together Click here to join the meeting
Anu Helkkula & Malin Stenstöm
11:00 How to Feel at Home in Finland: Perspectives and Tools for a Successful
Kamilla Sultanova, Entrepeneur & Owner of the consulting company
13.00 Data security Click here to join the meeting
Mikael Albrecht Head of Data security
14:00 Practical information, course registration and study plan Click here to join the meeting
15:00 Library services for doctoral students Click here to join the meeting
Sarah Hagström Information Specialist
Qingbo Xu, Information Specialist
Margareta Danielsson, Information Specialist
- The links for the online sessions will be published above in the programme outline for each day in August.
- Hanken School of Economics uses Microsoft Teams for meetings and lectures.
- We recommend that you download Microsoft Teams app to your computer and phone if possible.
- You can also use Microsoft Teams via some Internet browsers (Windows and Mac):
- Microsoft Edge
- Google Chrome
- Following Internet browsers are not recommended and not supported by Hanken IT-department:
- Apple Safari
- Mozilla Firefox
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Here you can download the Microsoft Teams https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/microsoft-365/microsoft-teams/download-app