At the start of the semester, an introductory seminar (or a series of sessions) is organised for all newly admitted doctoral students in August or September.
The sessions provide information about
The seminar is an opportunity for new doctoral students to get to know each other, as well as representatives from the academic and administrative staff at Hanken. In conjunction with the seminars, a season kick-off is organised where all new and old PhD students are welcomed.
Participants will be informed about the seminar by e-mail. Material from the seminar will be available electronically after the seminar.
Introductory seminar for doctoral students, 31 August 2022
(Online in Teams)
9-10.30 Introduction to the Hanken PhD Programme
10.45-11.30 Welcome from HR
12.30-14 IT Services and Security
14.30-15.30 An introduction to Sisu - course registration and study plan
15.30-16.30 Library services for doctoral students
- The links for the online sessions will be sent to newly admitted doctoral students in advance
- Hanken School of Economics uses Microsoft Teams for meetings and lectures.
- We recommend that you download Microsoft Teams app to your computer and phone if possible.
- You can also use Microsoft Teams via some Internet browsers (Windows and Mac):
- Microsoft Edge
- Google Chrome
- Following Internet browsers are not recommended and not supported by Hanken IT-department:
- Apple Safari
- Mozilla Firefox
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Here you can download the Microsoft Teams https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/microsoft-365/microsoft-teams/download-app