Study administration

Where you can find information and help:

The PhD Programme

  • General advice on doctoral studies at Hanken
    • The Doctoral Studies Coordinator can provide you with general study advice. Students should turn to the coordinator for responses to general questions regarding the organisation of studies, the right to study, and admission. The Coordinator's telephone number is + 358 (0)40 3521 282.
  • Information on funding from external sources and funding from the Hanken funds
  • Administers the follow-up of your study progress
  • Handles applications and the admissions process
  • Administers the thesis examination process
  • Advice on funding doctoral studies and other grants, as well as possibilities to fund studies abroad.

Office of Study Affairs

  • Handles the enrolment and the annual registration
    • Please note that you need to go through your study plan with your degree supervisor prior to submitting the annual registration form to the Office of Study Affairs
  • Registers transferred courses in the study register
  • Provides you with transcripts, certificates and various forms needed
  • Handles the process for applying for the degree diploma
  • You can find more detailed information about study practicalities here.
  • Study Services in Helsinki
    • At the Helsinki campus the Office of Study Affairs provides services through the Student Service helpdesk on the 1st floor 
    • Offers the following services for doctoral students:
      • Official Transcripts of Records
      • Certificate of Enrolment
      • Application for transfer of credits (submission of filled-in forms)
  • Study Services in Vaasa

The Office of Administration

  • Handles the administration of your employment contract and issues dealing with your status as a Hanken employee