Change of Supervisor
Change of Degree Supervisor or Thesis Supervisor
The procedure below is to be followed when a doctoral student or supervisor wishes to terminate a supervision agreement.
The party wishing to terminate the agreement submits a freely formulated application to the Head of Department or the Deputy Head of Department when the Head of Department is directly concerned.
The application should contain the following:
- contact details for the applicant
- information on who the other party is
- the roles of both parties (doctoral student/degree supervisor/thesis supervisor)
- a motivation for the application
- possibly a suggestion for a new supervisor
The Head of Department (or Deputy Head of Department) presents the matter before the Department Council. The Department Council takes the final decision on the matter and appoints a new supervisor. Both parties (the doctoral student and the suggested new supervisor) are to be heard before a new supervisor is appointed.
The Doctoral Studies Coordinator is informed of the decision made.