Hanken in a debate concerning research in decision-making at SuomiAreena
Hanken's debate (in Finnish) at SuomiAreena Faktaa vai fiktiota? Tieteellisen tiedon hyödyntäminen yhteiskunnassa was kicked off with a quiz including questions on ecological footprints, the tax on fat in Denmark, and whether Erasmus student exchange leads to better employment rate among youngsters. After that, the panel discussed the challenge of accessing objective research online and stating that politics has changed into facts and truth being debatable.
The event was a success with over 120 people in the audience. On stage, Baba Lybeck moderated the discussion very professionally and kept the ambiance nice and relaxed.
On stage were:
● Krista Kiuru, Minister of Family Affairs and Social Services, SDP
● Sanni Lehtinen, Chair, National Union of University Students in Finland
● Riitta Maijala, Vice President for Research, Academy of Finland
● Tuomas Salusjärvi, Director, Valio
● Jaakko Aspara, Dean of Research and Innovation, Hanken School of Economics
● Karen Spens, Rector, Hanken School of Economics
The discussion took place 18.7.2019 and was live-streamed online. You can see the recording by clicking here: