Become a mentor
Hanken mentorship programme
Would you like to have fresh ideas and insights and at the same time develop your expertise as a mentor? We are now looking for Hanken Alumni who would like act as mentors for Hanken students at the final stage of their studies.
The programme starts in the beginning of the autumn term with a kick-off where all the pairs meet for the first time and receive information about the mentoring program.
Mentor and mentee should meet about once a month for 1-2 hours each time (about seven during the year). Every pair works out their individual ways to meet and work. The meetings between the mentor and mentee are based on the mentee's needs and suggestions of theme for discussion. Foremost meetings circle around sharing thoughts and opinions about work, studies and the future.
During the program a total of three joint meetings will be held. The programme ends in May.
If you feel that you have a genuine interest in helping young Hanken students forward, you're the right person! We are looking for mentors both in Helsinki and Vaasa.
You learn a lot from the individuals of the younger generation. Mentorship really is a two-way road.
Why become a mentor?
- an excellent opportunity to broaden your experience and make new "young contacts"
- an enriching experience, and experience to join and be part of a young person's development
- a platform for new ideas and impressions of how the younger generation thinks and feels today
- an opportunity to develop as a leader, coach and expert
What is a good mentor?
A good mentor:
- is willing to share their experience, expertise, time and contacts
- has well developed social intelligence and good communication skills
- is a good listener and inspires the mentee by giving honest, constructive feedback
- contributes with an objective point of view, so that the mentee's capacity for reflection and self-analysis is developed
The mentorship programme 2020-2021
Application for the mentorship programme 2020-2021 will open in the spring.
If you have questions regarding the mentorship programme, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
It’s super that Hanken organises this. For an alumnus, it is important to get to give back to the alma mater. The mentees also receive a lot.