Sisu - the new study system
What changes with Sisu?
The use of Sisu is based on the study plan you create. You will also register for your courses through your study plan. Sisu portrays visually which studies you have completed and which studies are still required for your degree. You can receive feedback on your study plan, as well as ask questions about it directly via Sisu. The path from the beginning of your studies until graduation becomes clearer and the access to digital services smoother thanks to Sisu.
The following can be done in Sisu:
- planning and timing of studies
- registration to courses
- transfer of credits based on prior learning
- application for degree diploma
- application for the extension of study right
What should I as a student do now?
The main difference for you as a student is that you must plan your studies before registering for teaching. In practice, you must first add a course to your study plan and then register for the course. You can also flexibly edit your study plan as your studies progress, it does not have to be completed at once. Enrolled students must create their study plan in Sisu during the autumn 2021 in order to be able to register for courses in Sisu in the spring.
Acquaint yourself with how to do this in Sisu through the instructions which will be published on this website later this spring term. We will also organise workshops during autumn to help you create your study plan.
Keep an eye on this page!
This content has moved to the Latest and Events sections on the right side of the page.
- May: First year Bachelor students choose their major and create their study plan in Sisu
- May - June: Other students gain access to Sisu and create their study plan in Sisu
- May - August: The registration for attendance for the academic year 2021-2022 is still done in WebOodi
- August: Registration to courses and exams in period 1 and 2 is done in WebOodi
- November: All Bachelor and Master students who will continue their studies in 2022 should create their study plan in Sisu
- 1.12: Registration to courses and exams in period 3 opens in Sisu
- 9.1: Registration for teaching closes in Sisu for P3
- 17.1: P3 begins, last day of using WebOodi
- 18.1 onwards: Oodi available for browsing only
- Transcipt of records and certificate of enrolments can be printed from Oodi (including only registrations until 17.1.2022)
- 18.1-24.1: Change of master database, Sisu CLOSED
- Nothing can be registered during the service disruption
- 25.1: Sisu opens as the only study administration system
- Registration of courses is done only in Sisu
- Application for the degree diploma is done only through the study plan in Sisu (requires a completed study plan in Sisu)
If you apply for your master's degree certificate on 18 November at the latest you don't have to transition to Sisu. Check here for information on the graduation process. If you want to graduate with the official graduation date 28 January 2022 you need to fill in the electronic application on 9 January.2022 the latest, and apply for graduation in Sisu between 25-28 January 2022. Instructions for how this is done will be published later.
If you apply for your doctoral degree certificate on 18 November at the latest you don't have to transition to Sisu. Check here for information on the graduation process.