Coaching for PhD students
Coaching also offers tools for growth, self-reflection, and personal development. A coaching session can help you sort out your thoughts and sometimes you may need to be challenged to find a new perspective or act.
PhD students at any stage of their PhD work benefit from coaching by:
- getting emotional support during downs of the PhD journey,
- finding ways to enjoy your research process more,
- finding individual strategies to speed up the research process,
- increasing motivation and engagement about own research,
- getting more support from your significant ones,
- clarifying your own goals after PhD.
The coaching process
The coaching process generally consists of 3 coaching sessions (45 minutes/session). The sessions are usually held at least two or three weeks apart. If you find that you have reached your goal already after one or two sessions and do not feel the need for further sessions, you are free to end the coaching process.
The coaching sessions are confidential and will be held in Teams.
You can book a coaching session through the booking system. Please note that you must use your Hanken login to access the booking system.
Alexandra Ohls is a certified coach (ICF Associate Certified Coach) who has worked at Hanken for many years, since 2020 as study coach. Alexandra has vast experience of coaching students and PhD students and is therefore familiar with the challenges and demands facing PhD students.
Phone: +358 50 4136 802