Note! Please acquaint yourself with the general information about completion of studies before making the graduation request in Sisu.
You can submit a request for graduation in Sisu on the Structure of studies page when:
- you have completed all studies included in your degree and they are correctly in your primary study plan,
- you are registered as attending,
- your study right is valid.
- You can submit a graduation request only in the primary study plan connected to your study right.
- Submit a graduation request while your study right is still valid! You can no longer submit a graduation request if your study right has ended, which means that you have to apply for an extension before you can graduate.
- Changes made in your primary study plan after submitting a graduation request no longer have an influence on your graduation request or the content of your degree certificate.
- If you have, for example, submitted a graduation request in the wrong degree programme or study track, your request will be rejected and you will be directed to edit your study plan to correspond with your study right.
Submit the graduation request:
- Go to your primary study plan and click either on the wreath next to your degree, or on the text parts completed. If you click on the wreath you can jump directly to step 3.
- Click on the Request for graduation link in the panel to the right.
- Confirm the request in the pop-up window by clicking the Request for graduation button.
- Fill in the request as following:
- First verify your personal details, such as your name and date of birth, at the top of the application. If any details are incorrect, please contact Student Services to correct them before you submit the request.
- Verify your contact details. If you are not continuing your studies at the Hanken, add a secondary email address (not a hanken.fi address). You can edit the details by clicking on the Edit button next to your contact details. If your home address is outdated, go the page My profile -> Personal information, and edit your primary address there. It is unfortunately not possible to do it directly in the graduation request.
- You can leave the Additional info field empty if there is no extra information you need to add to your graduation request.
- Select "‘I will pick up the degree certificate from the university" as the delivery method for the certificate. Please note that you will only get one original of the certificate, which means that you will not get another one if it is lost in the mail. We therefore strongly recommend that you pick it up yourself from Hanken.
- Click on Submit graduation request and confirm the submission in the pop-up window.
Processing of your graduation request
You graduation request is processed in the Student Services. Once your request has been approved or rejected, you will receive a notification on Sisu’s frontpage. The notification can also be seen as a message in Sisu’s black top bar. Please note that the notification is only visible in Sisu and there will be no separate email.
You will later get an email with information on how and when you can pick up your degree certificate.