Admission requirements and selection criteria
To be eligible for the Hanken Executive MBA programme, you must fulfil the following requirements:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in any field
A Bachelor's degree, in any field, is required for admission to the programme. However, if you do not hold a Bachelor's degree, but you fulfil all other requirements and have a strong professional background, please contact the EMBA office for further information.
- A minimum of five years of relevant professional experience
The Hanken Executive MBA programme is designed for experienced professionals. The participants in our programme have an average of 13 years of professional experience. The professional experience will be judged from case to case.
- High level of English proficiency
A high level of spoken and written English proficiency is required as the programme is conducted in English. The level of written English proficiency will be evaluated based on the application form and the oral proficiency demonstrated during the interview.
In addition, we expect you to meet at least one of the following criteria:
- You are in a managerial position; in charge of leading people, complex projects or entities
- You are an experienced senior expert, with responsibility for large entities, and want to broaden your expertise
- You are an entrepreneur with an established business
- You are a top talent with a solid track record of exceptionally high performance (in career development, studies, etc.) and strong recommendations
Meeting these minimum admission requirements does not guarantee admission to the programme, but allows you to be invited for a personal interview and be considered in the further selection process.
We select a maximum of 30 experienced and talented professionals, who wish to become better strategic leaders and decision makers.
Selection is based on a combination of the applicant's:
- professional experience,
- educational background,
- leadership potential,
- interpersonal and
- cultural skills as well as
We highly value a willingness to learn from others in the Executive MBA group and the ability to share your own knowledge and experience. Employer and family support is also of significance. Fluency in spoken and written English is essential as the programme is conducted in English.
Each new group of Executive MBA participants is carefully selected by the EMBA staff. We try to select a heterogeneous group of people. A more diverse group increases in-group learning as the diversity broadens the bases for discussions and include different perspectives.