Do I need a residence permit?

Please read the following information regarding residence permits carefully. All students (except Nordic nationals) need to either register their right of residence (EU/EEA students) or apply for a residence permit (all other students).

The Finnish Immigration Service is the government authority responsible for issuing residence permits in Finland. Begin by visiting their website for definite information about residence permits. You can also contact the Finnish embassy closest to you for more information.

Please note that being admitted to Hanken does not automatically mean that your application for a residence permit in Finland will be approved. The two processes are completely separate and handled by different authorities.

Any student who submits a residence permit application must attach details of their comprehensive health insurance cover and sufficient funds to their application.

Please download:

Immigrations Services information leaflet and residence permit checklists: