A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website.
Cookies may be either "persistent" cookies or "session" cookies.
* A persistent cookie consists of a text file sent by a web server to a web browser, which will be stored by the browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date (unless deleted by the user before the expiry date).
* A session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
Cookies may be set either by the website ("first party cookies"), or by external services ("third party cookies").
The information below describes the cookies we use on Hanken's web and explain their purposes. The list of external services that are used at Hanken's web and that come with their own third- party cookies is also given here. Detailed information about 3rd-party cookies can be found at the external service´s own web pages.
This website is run on the Drupal content management system (CMS).
Drupal sets some cookies to improve the user experience and assist in the delivery of the site. The following cookies are set by Drupal on this site:
Cookie ID Purpose Lifespan
Cookies for logged in users
In addition to the cookies listed above, the following "session"cookies are set when you log in to the site:
Cookie ID Purpose Lifespan
SESS[random string] Identifies the user's session 23 days
_shibsession_[randomstring] Identifies the user's session with the help of Shibboleth Expires with Session
Drupal_l10n_client Used to tailor the language for the site. 7 days
Drupal.tableDrag.showWeight Used in Drupal interfaces for drag-and-drop reordering of items.
tableDrag Used in some areas to remember the sort order of sortable tables
Cookies for anonymous statistics are used to collect information about how visitors use the website. We use the information to improve the site. These cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, from where the visitors have come to the site and the pages they visited.
_ga Expires in 2 years
_gid Expires in 1 day.
_dc_gtm_UA-[string] Expires in 1 min
Third party cookies
External service providers usually come with their own third-party cookies. They may use the information obtained from their cookies to recognise your computer when you visit a website, to build a profile of your web surfing, to target advertisements which may be of a particular interest to you.
These external services can be divided into 2 categories.
* Hanken white listed services: These services and their cookies are necessary for hanken.fi to provide services to you as our client. To those so called white listed external services belong videos from Dreambroker and Hanken Mediaserver, application forms and information from
Apply.hanken.fi, job offers from hanken.rekrytointi.com and from www.aarresaari.net.
* Other external services: The second group of external services consists of Youtube videos, social media (Facebook, Instagram), maps from Google Maps, news services like metwater.fi, publications from e.issuu.fom and integrated prezis etc. they are services that make the website more lively and interesting for you as a visitor.
- By selecting "Accept mandatory" you agree to use
* our website with the essential Drupal cookies we set for the website performs well, and
* our whitelisted external services mentioned above needed to have a well functioning website.
- By choosing "Accept anonymous statistics" you agree to above-mentioned mandatory cookies as well as to the use of anonymous statistics with Google Analytics services with their cookies.
- By choosing "Accept all" you agree to all services and cookies we use on our website.
Please, be aware, that by choosing "Accept mandatory" you substantially limit the functionality of the website and may loose access to some of its features.
You can also manage, block and clear cookies within your Browser.
However, different browsers (Firefox, Google Chrome etc) offer differing ways to manage your cookies. On website https://www.viestintavirasto.fi/en/cybersecurity/safeuseofservices/cookies.html you can find comprehensive information about cookies and how to deal with them.