Transferring Credits

Transferring Credits

Studies that have been completed before you were admitted to Hanken and studies that have been completed at another university or polytechnic in Finland or abroad during your studies at Hanken can be transferred to your degree at Hanken. Note, however, that studies included in the degree on the basis of which you were admitted to Hanken can not be transferred to the master's degree at Hanken.

Transferred studies must conform to the learning goals set for the master's degree or individual courses at Hanken.

The master's degree can include a maximum of 60 transferred credits. The transferred credits can be degree studies at another university, studies within a hicher polyctechnic degree or language studies at a polytechnic (university of applied sciences).

How do I apply for transfer of credits?

The application process depends on if the studies that you want to transfer were completed in Finland or abroad. If the studies were completed abroad, there are different rules for studies completed within Hanken's exchange programme and for studies completed as a free mover. Further instructions are available through the menu to the left.

How are transferred credits graded?

Studies completed in Finland are, as a rule, transferred to the extent and with the grade originally received. If the studies are transferred with the original grade and the scale differs from the scale used at Hanken, the grade will be converted to the scale used at Hanken.

Studies completed abroad are transferred with the grade "pass". The extent of the course will be converted to credits in accordance with the decision makers judgment or by consulting the Center for Reserach and International Affairs.