Step 4: Establish the contact
When you know what you want, and what you need to get it, it is time to create a connection with employers. But how is that done?
Before you contact potential employers, it is good to map out what you wish to gain from the encounter: Are you replying to a job ad or are you calling up the company you want to work at in the future?
If you prepare yourself well, chances are you will present yourself in a more successful way. This entails everything from having an updated cv to being able to express and describe your competences and skills during an interview. You can begin to make up a plan for your job search with the following exercise:
Attend and sharpen your job hunting skills
Career Services offer you many different services that might help you out during your hunt for a job:
- Career Seminars - HR professionals tell you about the latest information regarding job search
- CV Check-In - HR professionals give feedback on your CV
- Career Fairs - meet future co-workers
- Internship - get your first professional experiences
- Job board - jobs ads that are aimed at students or graduates
- Job hunting guide online