Health and well-being

All students who have paid their Student Union membership fee are entitled to use the full range of services of the Finnish Student Health Service (FSHS).

Student Health Service

When visiting the Finnish Student Health Service (FSHS) you must show your student card with a valid sticker or a certificate of enrolment. For more information about the health care, please visit FSHS's webpage.

Study Psychologist

Hanken offers its students the possibility to meet with a study psychologist. In Helsinki, the study psychologist can be reached at, and in Vasa at For more information, see here.


UniSport, which is a joint venture by Hanken, the University of Helsinki and Aalto University, offers sports and exercise services to a special price for students at these universities. The activities range from gym training to ball sports and group training, like yoga, dancing and strengthening muscle training. UniSport offers services in Helsinki city centre, Töölö, Meilahti, Otaniemi, Kumpula and Viikki. With the UniSport’s training card (1, 4 or 12 months), you can participate in group training and general ball sports sessions and go to the gym. You can also participate by paying a per-visit fee.

Remember to bring your student card when you go to buy services. More information, all prices and terms can be found on UniSport’s webpage:

Himalaya - room for stillness at Hanken

Himalaya is a space for relaxing and connecting to your inner inspiration.

Some of the relaxation features of the room include a soothing water fountain, yoga mats, meditation pillows and meditation benches. We ask visitors to not bring homework or technology to the room. Listening to guided meditations or relaxing music with headphones is, however, an exception. This place is not be used for meetings or for work, but for recovering, re-connecting with oneself and for awakening inner inspiration.

Himalaya is located in the basement of the Main Building at Torget (see map).

Sign up here to receive information about the next introduction to meditation course that will be held at Hanken.