The application for exchange studies in Spring semester 2018 was June 19, 2017.
The application is completely online. You can access the application via the Mobility Online Portal.
Please reserve enough time for completeing the application as it consists of several steps. In addition to the application form the following attachments must be uploaded:
- Language test certificate, if applicable
- Certificate of possible student union activities, if applicable
- A passport photo
Your application including all attachements should be complete and submitted in Mobility Online within the deadline. Supplements to the attachements after the deadline can only be considered if:
- the changes have been done in the online application system Mobility Online on the website at https://www.service4mobility.com/europe/LoginServlet and
- you inform the International Coordinator at the Center for Research and International Affairs about the changes per e-mail (outgoing.mobility(at)hanken.fi) and
- the changes are made within a week after the deadline for the application.
Below you will find instructions for filling in the online application. The instructions are structured according to the structure of the application form. Before you begin filling in the online application, please read the instructions, prepare your attachments and select 15 partner universities you wish to study at.
Attention: The application closes 19 June 2017, at 23:59. There will be no technical support available after 19 June, at 16:00. Should you encounter technical problems after that please notify outgoing.mobility(at)hanken.fi immediately (before 23:59). Technical issues will be dealt with 20 June 2017, however, applications submitted later than 19 June 2017, 23:59 will not be considered.
The online application is accessed through the Mobility Online Portal. Click on the green icon next to the partner university you would like to apply to. The system will take you to the Haka-identification service. Choose "Hanken School of Economics" from the drop menu and click on "Select". In the following window, log in with your Hanken id and password. You will then access the application form. Part of the information is automatically filled out from Oodi.
A. Information concerning the application
- In this section Exchange Programme, Academic Year and Semester will be filled out automatically.
B. Personal Information
- Matriculation number, Last name, First name, E-mail address, Date of Birth, Gender and Nationality comes directly from Oodi
- Fill in Place and Country of Birth and Age
C. Information concerning the current studies at Hanken
- Country of Sending Institution, Sending Institution, Campus, Major Subject, Study Programme and Current level of Studies comes directly from Oodi.
- The Exam field is only relevant for students enrolled in a Bachelor programme. Bachelor students can indicate if they have taken an exam before the deadline of the application in mandatory basic courses in Economic Sciences given during the first year of the Bachelor programme, but not yet received the results. Please observe that you must inform the International Coordinator concerning the results when you have received them.
- Under Number of higher education years at HANKEN prior to the exchange period you should write how many full academic years you have completed up until the start of the planned exchange semester.
- Reply to the questions regarding experience of previous exchange studies/internships, activity in the Student Association and if you have been registered as absent during your studies.
D. Information concerning the stay abroad
- In the application you must select 15 partner universities in priority order. Plan carefully which partner universities you select because if you are not selected to your first choice, we move on to the second choice of university, and so on. Hence applying to one university only does not guarantee that you will be selected to that specific university. By choosing 15 alternatives, you can influence where you will spend your exchange semester. After you have been informed of where you have received an exchange study place it cannot be changed.
- In order to avoid misunderstandings, copy-paste the names of your selected partner universities form the from the list of "Partner Universities"
- We advise you to be aware of the state of world affairs and consider which countries you wish to go on an exchange to. Hanken is only in limited cases able to arrange new exchange positions for students who withdraw from allocated exchange positions due to, for example, a natural disaster.
- Students participating in Master's degree programmes at Hanken should apply for an exchange term at Master's degree level.
- Some partner universities only admit exchange students at the undergraduate level (Bachelor's degree level) while other partner universities accept students at the postgraduate/graduate level (Master's degree level). Information concerning the level of studies, possible language test requirements etc is available in the Mobility Online portal (under Partner Universities and Info and Criteria).
- "Stay from" and "Stay to" refers to semester dates at your first ten selected partner universities. The semester dates are available on the partner universities' web pages, often under the heading "Academic Calendar" and in the attached semester dates plan. The attached table only provides an estimate for the semesters at each partner university, but for the exact dates we advice you to visit the websites of the partner universities. Note that the partner universities' semesters may differ from Hanken's and may start later than Hanken's, and end in January-March. Exam periods are often arranged in January-March and July-August, and hence you should be prepared to go back for the exam periods. These are issues that you should consider when planning your exchange studies.
E. Language competence
- Fill in information regarding your first language, if you have taken a language test, which test was it and when did you take it? Also fill in the language of instruction at Hanken and at the partner universities.
F. Contact person in case of emergency
G. Other information - check that the information you have given is correct.
SEND APPLICATION - After having filled in stages A-G submit your application by pressing Send Application.
REGISTRATION - After you have submitted your application, you will receive an registration e-mail with the link to your application in Mobility Online. Click on the link in the e-mail and use your matriculation number as user id and click on "Log In" (no need to fill out a password). You will be redirected to the Haka identification service where you log in with your Hanken id (matriculation number) and password.
After logging in click Complete Personal Details to complete your personal details. When you fill in your IBAN number, the number should be typed according to this example: FI1212341234123412 and the the BIC/SWIFT according to this example: ABCDEFGHXXX.
After that complete your course selection by clicking on Enter the planned course choice. You need to fill in the course names and number of credits of the courses you are planning to take at the university of your first choise. Click on Create to save your course selection. If you wish to make changes after you have saved the course selection click on Forward to update, make the changes and click on Save. Information concerning the amount of courses or credits required for full-time studies at the different universities is available on the partner universities' websites and in the Mobility Online Portal. Please make your choices on the basis of the latest available information. Although you only make a course plan for you first preferred partner university you should also check the courses available at your other selected partner universities.
UPLOAD ATTACHMENTS - Upload the attachments to complete your application according to the instructions below:
- Please provide documented proof of all qualification you wish to refer to.
- Certificate of language test - Some partner universities require an internationally recognized language test, e.g. TOEFL or IELTS, (please see the Mobility Online Portal). If you apply for an exchange semester at one of these partner universities you must take a language test before the deadline of the application. Please ask the organizer of the exam to send the results directly to Hanken or attach the test result to the application e.g. as a scanned document. If you have not received the results from your test before the application deadline you should notify the International co-ordinator as soon as you get them (outgoing.mobility(at)hanken.fi). Tests written after the application deadline will not be considered.
- Certificate of student union activities - If you have been active in the student union you can gain a few extra credits from certain positions and activities. If you have been active in the student union you should attach a Certificate of Student Union Activity which can be obtained from the Student Union.
- Passport photo - The picture should not be larger than 500x500 pixels.
- You will not have to upload a Transcript of Records.
Instructions for attaching the attachments:
- Appendix 1: Click Upload Certificate of English proficiency (if applicable). Attach the first appendix (File), click Create and finally Back to overview.
- Additional appendices: Attach all additional appendices as appendix 1, but press Upload Student Association participation certificate (if applicable) and Upload passport photo.
After you have completed all steps of the application you will receive a confirmation e-mail with a summary of your application.
The results will be available in the end of March for the application round in January and in the end of August/beginning of September for the application round in June. All applicants will be notified regarding the results by e-mail. After that you have a few days to confirm your exchange place. After that the International Coordinator will nominate you to the partner university. Please be prepared that at the nomination you may be asked to send different documents (like for instance a Letter of Motivation or a CV) to the international coordinator on a very short notice.