How to apply
Apply for a grant in the Mobility Online portal within the application period. Choose the tab labeled Internship Grant Application. Then proceed to apply for a internship grant from either category 1, 2 or 3. You may only apply through one category per round and you cannot change category later.
- Member states of the EU, EES/EFTA- countries Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein, and Macedonia and Turkey.
- Other countries abroad
- Finland (restricted to non-Finnish citizens studying in one of the masters programs in English)
You can apply for a grant twice a year, so during two application rounds:
- Application period 1.12 – 14.12 for a voucher that is valid between 1.1 - 30.6
- Application period 1.6 – 14.6 for a voucher that is valid between 1.7 - 31.12
During a round you can apply for either an internship grant or for exchange studies, not both. Please note that you can only receive one grant for either an internship or exchange during each study level.
If you qualify for a grant, you will receive a voucher that is valid until the next application round expires, which is six months. A voucher is a promise to you as a student that you will receive a grant for an internship abroad. Please keep the following in mind:
- You do not need to have an internship position agreed upon when applying.
- The voucher can be used for internship positions found on the Career Service's job board or for internships found independently from other channels.
- The internship can start at any time of the calendar year during which the voucher is valid.
- You can apply for a grant for an internship that has already begun as long as the internship has started during the same calendar year for which the voucher is valid.
- You can also apply for a grant for an internship that has already ended as long as the internship has started during the same calendar year for which the voucher is valid.
- When you apply for an grant for an internship on bachelors level of your studies it must constitute your mandatory term abroad.
- When you apply for a grant you accept Hanken's terms and conditions for awarding internship grant
When you have received an internship voucher
Before your grant can be paid to you, you have to inform Career Services about your internship position through the Mobility Online portal. This should be done before your voucher expires. In the below PDF-file you can find careful instructions on what you should do before, during and after your internship.
Info on the grant
About the grant amount
The grant will be paid in one go after you have submitted all necessary documents and they have been processed. This means that you might receive the grant before, during or after the internship depending on when you submit the documents. Keep in mind that you have to upload the Learning Agreement before your voucher expires. Please note that the processing is done manually at Career Services and it might take up to two weeks until the payment is forwarded for payment. During July the processing time can be up to one month.
The monthly grant for internship is 530/590EUR depending on the country you go to, for internships that end before 30.09.2019. For internships that start the earliest 1.6.2019 and end before 30.9.2020 the grant is 480/540EUR depening on the country you to. In addition to the monthly grant, a traveling grant of max EUR 672 may be added to the total grant sum of Bachelor students completing their internship abroad.
Should I apply separately for an Erasmus grant?
No you do not need to. If you do your internship abroad and within the EU you will automatically obtain the Erasmus+ grant from Hanken without having to apply for it separately.
The European Union offers internship grants to students at such universities that have gained a so called "Erasmus University Charter". That means that Hanken annually obtains funds for students that do internships in another European country.
For more information about Erasmus+ please check the European Commission’s web site.
Am I qualified to apply for a grant?
- You are enrolled at Hanken for full-time degree studies
- Your study right extends throughout the duration of the internship
- You are registered as present throughout the duration of the internship
- You have not received a grant from Hanken (internship or exchange studies) at the same study level (Bachelor or Master)
- You who study on Bachelor level, have not completed the course Internship Abroad on Bachelor Level
- You who study on Master’s level, have not already completed 5ECTS, 8 ECTS or 10 ECTS for advanced internship
- You who have completed a Bachelor Degree at Hanken and are continuing with your graduate studies, must have graduated before the application deadline in order to be eligible to apply for a grant for advanced internship
- Be abroad*
- Be done in one take, full-time and with only one employer
- Be accepted in your degree by the internship supervisor at your department either as the course Internship Abroad on Bachelor Level or as Advanced Internship on Master level by signing the Learning Agreement*
- Start during the same calendar year as for which the voucher is valid for
- Be a minimum of 84 days long on the Bachelor's level and a minimum of 60 days long on the Master's level.
- Be no longer than 364 days long
Do you have special needs?
Students with special needs or disabilities that go for an internship to an EU country can apply for an additional grant amount.
If you would like to apply for this additional grant, please contact the International coordinator at Hanken (email@example.com) for more information.