How to apply
Apply for a grant in the Mobility Online portal within the application period. Choose the tab labeled Internship Grant Application. Then proceed to apply for a internship grant from either category 1, 2 or 3. You may only apply through one category per round and you cannot change category later.
- Member states of the EU, EES/EFTA- countries Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein, and Macedonia and Turkey.
- Other countries abroad
- Finland (restricted to non-Finnish citizens studying in one of the masters programs in English)
You can apply for a grant twice a year, so during two application rounds:
- Application period 1.12 – 14.12 for a voucher that is valid between 1.1 - 30.6
- Application period 1.6 – 14.6 for a voucher that is valid between 1.7 - 31.12
During a round you can apply for either an internship grant or for exchange studies, not both. Please note that you can only receive one grant for either an internship or exchange during each study level.
If you qualify for a grant, you will receive a voucher that is valid until the next application round expires, which is six months. A voucher is a promise to you as a student that you will receive a grant for an internship abroad. Please keep the following in mind:
- You do not need to have an internship position agreed upon when applying.
- The voucher can be used for internship positions found on the Career Service's job board or for internships found independently from other channels.
- The internship can start at any time of the calendar year during which the voucher is valid.
- You can apply for a grant for an internship that has already begun as long as the internship has started during the same calendar year for which the voucher is valid.
- You can also apply for a grant for an internship that has already ended as long as the internship has started during the same calendar year for which the voucher is valid.
- When you apply for an grant for an internship on bachelors level of your studies it must constitute your mandatory term abroad.
- When you apply for a grant you accept Hanken's terms and conditions for awarding internship grant.
When you have received an internship voucher
Before your grant can be paid to you, you have to inform Career Services about your internship position through the Mobility Online portal. This should be done before your voucher expires. In the below PDF-file you can find careful instructions on what you should do before, during and after your internship.
Info on the grant
About the grant amount
The grant is paid at once after you have submitted all necessary documents. This means that you might receive the grant before, during or after the internship depending on when you submit the documents. Keep in mind that you have to upload the Learning Agreement before your voucher expires.
The monthly grant is EUR 470/530. In addition to the monthly grant, a traveling grant of max EUR 750 may be added to the total grant sum of Bachelor students completing their internship abroad.
Should I apply separately for an Erasmus grant?
No you do not need to. If you do your internship abroad and within the EU you will automatically obtain the Erasmus+ grant from Hanken without having to apply for it separately.
The European Union offers internship grants to students at such universities that have gained a so called "Erasmus University Charter". That means that Hanken annually obtains funds for students that do internships in another European country.
For more information about Erasmus+ please check the European Commission’s web site.
Am I qualified to apply for a grant?
To be qualified to apply for a grant from Hanken, the following requirements have to be met:
- You are enrolled at Hanken for full-time degree studies
- Your study right extends throughout the duration of the internship
- You are registered as present throughout the duration of the internship
- You have not previously received a grant from Hanken (internship or exchange studies) at the same study level (Bachelor or Master)
- Undergraduates continuing with their graduate studies at Hanken need to have graduated before the application deadline for the intership to be considered part of their master's studies
For an internship position to be qualified for the Hanken grant, it must:
- Be abroad*
- Be full-time and last for at least 87 days but under 365 days
- Be accepted in your degree by the internship supervisor at your department either as the course Internship Abroad on Bachelor Level (8 ECTS) or as the course Advanced Internship on Master level (8 ECTS) by signing the Learning Agreement**
- Start during the same calendar year as for which the voucher is valid for
*Not required of internships by students attending English master’s programmes
**Not required of domestic internships by students attending English master’s programmes