QTEM Master’s Studies
What is the QTEM Masters programme about?
Taking part in the QTEM Masters programme means that you can be awarded a QTEM Masters Network Certificate in addition to the MSc degree from Hanken School of Economics.
In order to receive the QTEM certificate the following parts have to be fulfilled:
- Selection of QTEM Students: All QTEM Students are outstanding students from a QTEM Academic Partner, who meet the GMAT/GRE score requirements, and who have been selected through a competitive selection process, by a QTEM Academic Partner, amongst the best students
- QTEM tracks: All QTEM Graduates have followed one of the QTEM academic tracks
- International experiences: All QTEM Graduates have completed international experiences of minimum one academic semester each in at least three different countries
- Quantitative skills: All QTEM Graduates have successfully completed a minimum of 50 QTEM credits of quantitative courses during their QTEM Master’s programme, and a minimum of 22 QTEM credits of quantitative courses during any of their QTEM exchange
- QTEM Modules: All QTEM Graduates have successfully completed at least one QTEM Module
- QTEM internship: All QTEM Graduates have successfully completed a corporate / institutional internship of at least 300 man-hours
- Hanken MSc degree requirements: all QTEM students at Hanken should fullfil all the Hanken degree requriements in order to be able to receive the QTEM certificate.
The QTEM programme can be completed according to three tracks:
Track A = two international exchanges and a short-term internship (minimum 300 hours)
Track B = one international exchange and a long-term internship (minimum 600 hours) or
Track C = one international exchange and a short-term internship
Hanken recommends track C, which means that the QTEM applicants have either a BSc from abroad or have already completed an international semester abroad during the BSc studies at Hanken. In this way the students need only 1 international semester abroad (and a short-term internship) and can spend 3 semesters at Hanken at MSc level.
Please see the QTEM track table
When to go abroad?
BSc from Hanken
If you will complete or have completed your BSc at Hanken, you will spend your QTEM semester abroad in spring semester during the first year at MSc level. The internship can be completed during summer.
MSc Degree Students
If you have applied to the Hanken Masters Programme with a BSc from abroad or another Finnish university, you will spend your QTEM semester abroad in autumn semester during the second year at MSc level. The internship can be completed during summer.