Fees and funding

Information about tuition fees and scholarships for students and required funds for immigration.

Tuition fees for non-EU/EEA students

All non-EU/EEA students admitted as of 2017 to the Master's Degree Programme in English are required to pay tuition fees at all universities in Finland. There are certain exemptions:

The fees will not concern those non-EU/EEA students who

  • are family members of an EU/EEA citizen (spouse/child; "EU –Family Memb" stated on the recidence permit card)
  • are already residing in Finland on a permanent basis (i.e. are equivalent to EU citizens, continuous (A) or permanent (P/P-EU) residence permit type)

More information concerning the extemptions to the requirement of tuition fee is found in the national application portal StudyInfo.

Hanken also offers a comprehensive scholarship system to support fee-paying students. (see details below)

For EU citizens university education is free of charge.

Tuition fee

  • The fee for non-EU/EEA students at Hanken is 12500 EUR/year.


Student Union membership fee

All students regardless of nationality are, however, obliged to pay an annual student union membership fee of approximately 120 euro.

More info on the student union fee is available on the Hanken Student Union's home page.


Immigration requirements concerning funding

Applicants must ensure that they have adequate funds to support themselves financially through their entire period of study in Finland. In order to be granted a residence permit, non-EU/EEA citizens are required to show that they have at least 6720 EUR/year or 560 EUR/month at their disposal.

See further information on the Finnish Immigration Service page. International students who cannot show proof of sufficient funds for living expenses during their studies in Finland will not obtain a residence permit.