Selection of students and admission results
The selection of students is based on a system of numerus clausus (restricted entry). This means that admission is granted on a competitive basis and that applicants might not be admitted even if they are eligible.
The selection of students is based on whether or not the applicant meets the general eligibility requirements for studies within the Hanken Master's Degree Programme, as well as on an evaluation made by the academic representatives of each specialisation. The evaluation is based on the following criteria:
- The applicant's academic background (75 %) based on the scope and content of and the applicant's success in his or her previous studies in general, in economic sciences, and with focus on the intended specialisation. GMAT or GRE score is taken into account if applicable.
- The applicant's suitability for Master's degree studies at Hanken (25%), based on the applicant's motivation, international profile and how the applicant would contribute to the programme specialisation.
Hanken will notify the applicants of the admission decision via email. The results will be published in the middle of March 2019.
An eletronic letter of acceptance will be sent to the admitted students.
Principle of accepting one offer of admittance
In accordance with the Universities Act, an applicant may only accept one offer of admittance for a higher education degree programme, beginning during the same term in Finland. This principle applies to Bachelor's, Master's, and PhD admissions.
Request for rectification of the admissions results
If an applicant has not beed offered admission and believes that there has been an error in the decision-making process, he or she has the right to request rectification of the decision. Well-founded requests are to be made to the Rector within 14 days of the announcement of admissions results. A request for rectification cannot be sent by email.
What is a request for rectification?
- Please note that a request for rectification is NOT the same as a request for the reconsideration of an application.
The admission decision is reached after a careful, objective evaluation of each application by both faculty and administrative staff, and is ultimately approved by the Rector of the university. The right to request for rectification of the admissions results is designed to protect applicants from being mistreated.
This means that an applicant has the possibility to request for rectification if she/he is not offered admission and if there has been an error in the decision-making process. Note! The process is not a second chance at admission and only justified requests are considered.
If you wish to submit a request for rectification, do as follows:
1. Write a freely formulated request directed to the Rector.
2. Fill out the eletronic form for requests for rectification.
3. Attach your freely formulated request to the electronic form as pdf-file before submitting the form online.
4. Submit the eletronic form within 14 days of the announcement of admissions results.