Immigration regulations for EU/EEA nationals

Immigration regulations for EU/EEA including nationals from Switzerland nationals are listed here.

Nationals of the EU or EEA countries

All students except nationals of the Nordic countries need to register their right of residence if the period of study in Finland exceeds three months. The right to reside in Finland is valid until further notice.

The application is submitted ONLINE through the E-Services of the Finnish Immigration Services. You also need to book an appointment in order to visit the Finnish Immigration Services upon arrival in Finland.

Book an appointment as soon as possible since the service points can be very busy. The appointment needs to be within three months of submitting the application form. If possible, book an appointment which takes place before the Orientation Days in order make it possible for you to register at the Digital and Population Data Services Agency at the very start of your studies.

The following documents will be required for your application:

  • Copy of passport or identity card (the original must be presented)
  • Proof of funds for you and your family members
  • Certificate of admission from Hanken

Note! Apply for a Finnish Identity code simoultanously when your complete your registration - you need to inform the Student Service Point in Helsinki or the Office of Study Affairs in Vaasa of the code as soon as you have aquired it.