Do I need a residence permit?

Here you find info on residence permit regulations for international students.

The Finnish Immigration Service is the government authority responsible for issuing residence permits in Finland.

  • All students (except Nordic nationals) need to either register their right of residence (EU/EEA students) or apply for a residence permit (all other students).
  • Please note that being admitted to Hanken does not automatically mean that your application for a residence permit in Finland will be approved. The two processes are completely separate and handled by different authorities.
  • Any student who submits a residence permit application must attach details of their comprehensive health insurance cover and sufficient funds to their application.

Detailed information on applying for your residence permit, is found on the Finnish Immigration Services’ web pages for students.