Library’s services during the shutdown
Read more about how the library's services for students and staff are maintained during the shutdown.
The library is closed during the period when Hanken’s staff and students work and study from home. The following details how this affects library’s services:
- You cannot borrow printed materials.
- You can use electronic resources – e-books, articles, and other e-materials. Search e-books in Hanna or in the e-book platforms. See instructions at E-books at Hanken. Search articles in Hanna or in the databases' own interface. See instructions for finding material in Subject guides in LibGuides. You can also search for articles in Google Scholar, but first activate the library’s link and log in to Hanna to access licensed materials.
- Several publishers and suppliers have opened their collections of e-journals and ebooks free of charge during the current corona pandemic. We are constantly updating this list:
Annual Reviews. 52 e-journals. Open until April 30, 2020.
Ebook Central (Proquest) provides unlimited access to the ebooks we purchased with 1-3 licenses. However, this does not apply to all publishers on the platform. Read more. Open until June 16, 2020.
eBook Academic Collection Trial (EBSCO). Open until June 30, 2020.
eBook Collection (EBSCO) provides unlimited access to the ebooks we purchased with 1-3 licenses. However, this does not apply to all publishers on the platform. Read more. Open until June 30, 2020.
eBook Subscription Harvard Business Publishing Collection Trial (EBSCO). Open until May 24, 2020.
Faculty Select (EBSCO). Open until June 30, 2020.
National Emergency Library. Internet Archive opens up access to all e-books until June 30, 2020. Read more.
- The databases in Quantum (Bloomberg, CapitalIQ, EIKON, Factset) are unavailable. If you really need access, please contact email@example.com since there are some possibilities to get an username for remote access. A list, including links, to the databases with financial and company information is available here.
- Interlibrary loans are provided to a very limited extent. We only order articles that can be obtained and passed on in an electronic form. Access to interlibrary loans is also limited by any closure in other university libraries. Place your order and we will inform you whether it can be dispatched.
- Renew your loans in Hanna. In case of problems contact us by e-mail. Any overdue fees incurred during the shutdown will be rectified later (no need to be paid).
- Teachers will be assisted in replacing printed books with digital materials.
For Hanken's library in Vaasa:
- Vasa City Library is closed 18.3-13.4.
- Tritonia is closed 18.3 -13.4.