Register for an e-exam
Please read first the safety instructions for e-exam in Examinarium.
To be able to sign up for, and attend an e-exam:
- You have to have an active Hanken user ID (scroll down for information about how to access the exam room).
- This means your study right and your annual registration have to be in order.
- The exam has to be available as a digital exam in the system. The teacher has the right to choose if a digital exam is available.
- You need to sign up for the exam and book a time slot at
- When you log in to the system for the first time, you must approve the terms and conditions for the e-exam (exam rules, IT-rules, video surveillance)
- In the exam program you need to find the exam you wish to take, sign up for it and book a time.
- You will receive a confirmation email with information regarding which room, which computer, what time and how you will gain access to the room. Read this email thoroughly!
- You can only access your exam from the computer you've been assigned to - remember the computer number!
- If you need to cancel - do it before the exam starts, or it counts as an attempt.
Remember - nobody is there to guide you, you are supposed to have read the general instructions on these pages, and the confirmation e-mails!
Nothing is allowed on the table, no drinks, no paper, no phone etc!
Opening Hours and Access to the Room
The opening hours can vary between campuses. You see the available hours (or actually free seats) when you book an exam in the system.
- In Helsinki the Examinarium is open Mon-Fri 8 am-11 pm
- In Vaasa the Examinarium is open Mon-Fri 8 am-8 pm
For access: read carefully the instructions you get when you book a time for your exam - the instructions tell you the latest about how to get access to Examinarium. Read them at once - nobody will be helping you at odd hours. Remember - there are no exceptions!!
Use your Hanken key to get into the building and to enter Examinarium. You do not have to announce yourself at the reception/janitor. If you do not have a key, please ring the doorbell and wait outside the entrance of the building for the staff to let you in. Once inside, please announce yourself and show your ID to the reception/janitor.
The following instructions apply to e-exams in both Helsinki and Vaasa and are valid from 1 September 2020.
- Register for a time slot through Exam. The Hanken-buildings are locked. Students who do not have a key must reserve a time slot between 11 am and 4:55 pm in Helsinki and between 11 am and 1:55 pm in Vaasa during weekdays when the janitor is available and can let you in.
- Only come to Hanken if you feel well and are healthy. You are not allowed to come to Hanken if you may have been exposed to infection and are in quarantine.
- Please notify firstname.lastname@example.org if you become ill after you have visited Hanken and suspect it is related to COVID-19.
- Cancel your e-exam through Exam if you are not able to make it or show any symptoms of illness. It is important to make the cancellation; you will then have the opportunity to book another time slot for your e-exam. Cancellation can be made until the minute before your time slot begins. When you are certain that you are well again, book a new e-exam.
- We recommend that you bring your own face mask and use it during your stay at Hanken.
- Please be on time for your e-exam, and reserve time for following these safety instructions!
- Use your Hanken key to get into the building and to enter Examinarium. You do not have to announce yourself at the reception/janitor. If you do not have a key, please ring the doorbell and wait outside the entrance of the building for the staff to let you in. Once inside, please announce yourself and show your ID to the reception/janitor
- Keep a social distance of 1,5m between you and other persons during your stay at Hanken.
- Thoroughly wash your hands before entering Examinarium, followed by using hand disinfection. Use your clean hands to put on your face mask before entering Examinarium.
- Before and after your e-exam, use the disincentive whips available in Examinarium to clean the keyboard and mouse at your computer.
- Once you have completed your e-exam, please leave Examinarium, wash your hands thoroughly and disinfect them once more.
- The following applies to all other students, but Hanken degree students and Hanken international exchange students: You must leave the building as soon as possible, you are not allowed to linger or hang out with other persons or to stay for lunch in the restaurant.