21022 International Accounting, 5 cr
The course comprises the most important international financial reporting standards and the challenges that the preparers and auditors face in applying them. Cases are used to illustrate real-life reporting problems.
You have solid kowledge and understanding of international financial reporting.
- contribute to the preparation of financial statements according to international accounting standards as a company controller.
- audit IFRS financial statements as an auditor.
- analyze IFRS-prepared financial statements as a financial analyst.
The course is about international reporting and regulation. International cases are used.
Only Hanken degree students with accounting as their major or students within the FADB specialisation, and incoming exchange students with any major subject.
Bachelor thesis (21001) and at least three financial accounting courses.
134 hours divided into
Scheduled (contact) hours: 24 h
Non-scheduled work: 110 h
Lectures, cases,and class discussions.
- Troberg, P. (2013). IFRS now : in the light of US GAAP and Finnish practices. Helsinki : KHT-Media. ISBN 978-952-218-179-4
- Some handouts and cases will be provided by the instructor. The IFRS handbook (electronic) is available through the library.
Written examination (100%) that is based on the lectures and course literature.
Max 40 students from Hanken in order of enrolment (and 40 Aalto students).
First year of master's studies.
Students who have completed the earlier course International Accounting (8 ECTS, course code 2191) cannot take this course.