Immigration regulations for Nordic nationals

The immigration regulations for Nordic Citizens are listed here.

If you are a citizen of Sweden, Norway, Denmark, or Iceland, you do not need a residence permit to study in Finland. Citizens of the Nordic countries may reside, work, and study in Finland without any limitations.

Nationals of the Nordic countries who intend to reside in Finland for more than three months, must register their residency in Finland within one week after moving to Finland. Registration should be done in person at the Digital and Population Data Services Agency. More information on mobility between the Nordic countries can be obtained from the Norden website.


Finnish identification number

All students at Hanken are required to have a Finnish personal identity code which will be registered in Hanken’s study register Oodi. It is possible to apply for a Finnish identification number when you apply for your residence permit. You can also obtain a code upon arrival while registering at the Digital and Population Data Services Agency.

Please note that you must inform the Office of Study Affairs when you obtain a Finnish personal identity code/social security number. For more information, please visit the page of the Digital and Population Data Services Agency.