The address to the user interface is http://office365.hanken.fi. It is accessible from anywhere. When using the web interface, you don't need to install anything on your computer, you can use almost all email features in your web browser.
Configure Microsoft Outlook
- Start Microsoft Outlook.
- If you start the program for the first time you will be greeted with a welcome wizard. If you have configured Outlook before you have to go to File -> add account to get the same wizard.
- Fill in name, email address (firstname.lastname@example.org or @student.hanken.fi) and password (twice) and click next.
- Outlook might ask for your username and password again. Check that the username looks like email@example.com (firstname.lastname@example.org for students)
- You should now get three green marks. Click finish.
Configure Thunderbird (NOT RECOMMENDED)
- Go to options -> account settings -> add mail account
- Give name, email address and password.
- Click manual config when you get the chance.
- Server hostname incoming is outlook.office365.com port 993 ssl/tls normal password
- Server hostname outgoing is smtp.office365.com port 587 starttls normal password
- Username like email@example.com (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Click on done when ready. (You might have to click on re-test before you can click done.)
Configure phones and tablets
- Hanken phones and tablets get the email settings automatically, you only need to give your password.
- Private phones and tablets vary a lot in looks and functions and below is therefore only general instructions.
- Use the app Microsoft Outlook. It is preinstalled on Windows phones and can be installed on iOS and Android from their app stores.
- You can also use the preinstalled email app on both iOS- and Android. Depending on what the app asks for, fill in: