Register for an exam
To be able to sign up for, and attend an e-exam:
- You have to have an active Hanken user ID (scroll down for information about how to access the exam room).
- This means your study right and your annual registration have to be in order.
- The exam has to be available as a digital exam in the system. The teacher has the right to choose if a digital exam is available.
- You need to sign up for the exam and book a time slot at
- When you log in to the system for the first time, you must approve the terms and conditions for the e-exam (exam rules, IT-rules, video surveillance)
- In the exam program you need to find the exam you wish to take, sign up for it and book a time.
- You will receive a confirmation email with information regarding which room, which computer, what time and how you will gain access to the room. Read this email thoroughly!
- You can only access your exam from the computer you've been assigned to - remember the computer number!
- If you need to cancel - do it before the exam starts, or it counts as an attempt.
Remember - nobody is there to guide you, you are supposed to have read the general instructions on these pages, and the confirmation e-mails!
Nothing is allowed on the table, no drinks, no paper, no phone etc!
Opening Hours and Access to the Room
The opening hours can vary between campuses. You see the available hours (or actually free seats) when you book an exam in the system.
- In Helsinki the Examinarium is open (for now) Monday-Friday 8-23, Saturdays 8-17
- In Vasa the Examinarium is open Monday-Saturday 8-20
For access: read carefully the instructions you get when you book a time for your exam - the instructions tell you the latest about how to get access to the examinarium. Read them at once - nobody will be helping you at odd hours. Remember - there are no exceptions!!
In Helsinki all graduate students should get a key from the IB bookstore, to use during their study time at Hanken. This key opens the door to the Examinaium. Open university and visiting students have to ask for a code before they take their exam.
In Vasa, if do an exam at 17:00 or on Saturdays, you need to borrow a key from the Office of Study Affairs (open 9-15, Mon-Fri, exceptions apply during public holidays).