The library offers training in information retrieval for the students. This includes:
- training in information retrieval, integrated with standard courses
- independent training sessions on various topics
- individual guidance
- online guides.
The goal is for as large a part as possible of the training to be integrated into regular courses and seminars. Teachers can order our services when needed. We wish to customize the training in cooperation with the teacher to fit the need for the particular course.
Examples of topics for training session may be:
- search words and search strategy
- how to find relevant data bases and information sources
- critical evaluation of results (evaluation of search results, identifying scholarly sources)
- referencing and referencing software (RefWorks)
You may also appoint training in particular databases or in reference management using RefWorks.
Helsinki: Marianne Dube
marianne.dube(at)hanken.fi, phone 040 3521264
Vaasa: Susanne Holmlund
susanne.holmlund(at)tritonia.fi, phone 029 449 8226
staffan.dellringer(at)hanken.fi, phone 040 3521268