Links to Articles and Ebooks
License agreements with database suppliers usually don't permit redistribution. This means that uploading digital copies (i.e. pdf-files of articles) to Moodle is not allowed, even if password protected. Instead you should give the permanent link to the article, proceeded by the address to Hanken's proxy server. By doing this you will ensure:
- to use the e-resources legally and in accordance with the license agreements
- to give the student's remote access to the articles
- to give correct database user statistics to the library.
Construct the permanent links as follows:
1. Start with the Hanken proxy server address as a prefix, in order to make the articles accessible also as remote access out of the Hanken building
2. Add the permanent link to the article. In some databases (EBSCO) the permanent link is called permalink. You can just copy the permalink and add it to the prefix.
The permanent link is also often a DOI (Digital Object Identifier) number. The DOI number is constructed of a prefix http://dx.doi.org/ followed by a set of numbers
- Proxied https://login.proxy.shh.fi/login?url=http://dx.doi.org.proxy.shh.fi/10.1016/S0167-8116(02)00122-2
The library is happy to help with compiling reading material lists with links to the sources.
Questions about creating permanent links? Please contact
352 1264, marianne.dube(at)hanken.fi