Master's studies in Business and Management develop your skills for managing and developing businesses and organisations in a market-oriented and sustainable manner. You will have a general overview of business management and marketing.
Within the specialisation you choose one of the three following tracks.
- apply logistics and supply chain management concepts to the humanitarian context
- understand the needs of a society and contribute to its resilience
- liaise and cooperate with organisations, both governmental and non-governmental, national and international
- design and manage supply chains on a strategic and operational level
- identify and manage organisational, governance, and sustainability challenges in various economic, social, environmental, geographic, institutional, cultural, and linguistic contexts
- recognise opportunities for domestic organisations to integrate sustainability issues with international strategy, especially in relation to large emerging markets such as China, India, and Russia
Students on this track also have the opportunity to take a Double Degree with EMLyon. The double degree is a unique opportunity to get two degrees in one go.
- understand and gather information on customer behaviour in diverse market contexts
- develop and manage strategies, business models, and product and service development
- gain customer and market understanding for improved marketing communication
Activities and international experience
Programme participants have full access to activities at Hanken, including its active student life and various events. Activities are also arranged within the specialisation itself. Particularly during the first weeks and months of the specialisation, time is dedicated to extracurricular activities that enable the participants to bond with each other, thespecialisation faculty, and the broader Hanken community.
We encourage you to gain international experience! A semester abroad at one of Hanken’s partner universities is built into the programme as an optional component.
Upon graduation you will
- have a solid foundation of management expertise, with market- and customer-oriented strategic thinking
- be equipped with a variety of perspectives on corporate sustainability questions
- have the tools to apply independent and critical thinking to decision-making
Facts about the studies
- 120 credits, 2 years of full-time study
- Language: English
- Next application round opens: 1 November 2018
- Degree: MSc in Economics and Business Administration
- Location: Helsinki, Finland
Future career opportunities
The specialisation offers you a wide range of different career options. Here are some examples of potential future positions.
Line management and business responsibility positions
» product manager, brand manager, project manager, and later, business area/unit manager, procurement/supply manager, humanitarian logistician, programme manager
Expert and specialist positions in large multinational companies and non-profit organisations
» business development manager, strategy development manager, product/service development manager, supply chain manager, logistics manager, operations manager, customer relationship manager, human resources development manager, corporate responsibility manager, corporate communications manager, marketing communications manager, supply chain manager, logisitics manager, chief of operations
Management consultant positions
» general management consultancy, market research consultancy, product/service development consultancy, communications/media/advertising consultancy, corporate responsibility consultancy, crisis management consultancy, humanitarian consultancy, development aid consultancy