News and Events
on March 20 from 10:00 to 11:30hrs
at Hanken School of Economics, room A411 (room subject to later change).
Agenda of the seminar:
- Co-constructing ethics in the crowdfunding sector: the case of a meta-organization, by Heloise Berkowitz, researcher at CNRS (UMR5303) Toulouse School of Management-Research (1)
- Central employer associations and the challenge of meta-organisational legitimacy, by Ville-Pekka Sorsa, Assistant Professor at Hanken School of Economics (2)
- Dynamics of Meta-organization: a case analysis, by Sanne Bor, researcher at Vaasa University and Hanken School of Economics (3)
- Discussion with the audience
To register, please go here!
If, for any reason, you can not attend the event, please cancel your participation by sending an email to email@example.com at least 24 hours prior to the event.
About the speakers:
(1) Héloïse Berkowitz has a Phd in management from Ecole Polytechnique and graduated from Sorbonne in history, HEC Paris in the Programme Grande Ecole and CEMS Alliance in International Management. She was a visiting scholar at Columbia University, Stanford Center for Ocean Solutions, and Institut Barcelona d’Estudis Internacionals. Her research deals with transitions to sustainability, with a focus on sectoral governance and collective action among organizations (meta-organizations), in various empirical settings from natural resources to collaborative economy or ocean sustainability.
(2) Ville-Pekka Sorsa received his doctorate in economic geography from Oxford University. He has also been awarded the Title of Docent in political science (University of Helsinki) and social policy (University of Turku). His research interests include comparative political economy, politics of the corporation and corporate responsibility, and political economy of finance. Ville-Pekka's ongoing projects are: Sustainability challenges of mining in the Nordic countries: the business, politics and society (SUSMINO), 2018-19 and Organization of employers and the representativeness of labour market organizations, 2017-18. He is also chairman of the CCR Board and editor-in-chief of Poliittinen talous / Finnish Review of Political Economy.
(3) Sanne Bor received her doctorate in management and organisation from Hanken School of Economics and is currently a post-doctoral researcher at Hanken School of Economics in the project “Collaborative remedies for fragmented societies - Facilitating the collaborative turn in environmental decision-making” (CORE) funded by the Strategic Research Council. Her research interests include meta-organization theory, and topics within the field of inter-organizational relations related to governance and management, accountability, resourcing patterns, and membership. Sanne is also interested in topics related to self-steering and collective decision-making more generally.