1. Breakfast Seminar: Does Corporate Responsibility Necessitate a Restructuring of Incentive-Compensation Systems?
Castrén & Snellman, Centre for Corporate Responsibility (CCR), Opinio Juris, and Hanken Centre for Corporate Governance (HCCG) recently organised a breakfast seminar on sustainability and ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) performance results tied to incentive compensation systems on June 6th, 8.30-11.30 at Minerva-tori (Siltavuorenpenger 5 A, Helsinki).
Present to discuss the latest developments in Finnish corporate praxis were Pekka Hukkanen, Director- Compensations & Benefits at Outotec Oyj, and the latest insights from research were discussed by Professor Tom Berglund, Director of Hanken Centre for Corporate Governance (HCCG) and Dr. Nikodemus Solitander, Director of Centre for Corporate Responsibility (CCR).
The seminar was arranged as a facilitated workshop, and addressed the following questions:
• How should Finnish firms align issues identified in CSR reports/strategies with those integrated into incentive compensations?
• How should firms address eventual conflicts between ESG targets and hard financial incentives?
• What kind of SDG metrics are in line with “informativeness principle”, where the measure of performance by the agent is readily available and reliable?
• What does the newest insight from research and practice tell us on the matter and how can it inform your corporate practice?
Below you will find the presentation slides of Nikodemus Solitander and Tom Berglund:
- breakfast_seminar.pdf (Solitander)
- cgcsr_incentives.pdf (Berglund)