Researchers at CCR
Catarina Ahlvik, Doctoral Student, Hanken School of Economics
Research interests: Mindfulness, Relational Mindfulness, Self-compassion, Positive organizational scholarship
- Ahlvik, C., & Paakkanen, M. (2017) Itsemyötätunota työelämään. In Pessi, A.-B., Martela, F., & Paakkanen, M. Myötätunnon mullistava voima. PS-Kustannus.
- Ahlvik, C., Lyddy, C., Reina, C., Knappert, L., Reb, J., Wincent, J. Mindfulness Training to Enhance Leaders’ Interpersonal Relationships: A Randomized Field Study. Presented at Academy of Management conference, Atlanta, 2017.
Linda Annala, Doctoral Student, HUMLOG, Hanken School of Economics
Research interests: Water governance, responsible innovation, sustainable innovation, social innovation, innovation policy, STI policy, post-colonial and decolonial theories, critical migration studies
- Annala, LT, Sarin, A & Green, J 2016, 'Co-production of frugal innovation: Case of low cost reverse osmosis water filters in India' Journal of cleaner production, vol xxx, pp. 1-9. DOI: 10.1016/j.jclepro.2016.07.065
- Ranjan, A, Annala, LT, Mathur, N, Sarin, A & Tesfaye Gemechu, Y 2017, Human Rights and Technology: The main requisites to implement the 2030 Agenda: Technological innovations and equitable access to clean drinking water– three case studies from Gujarat, India, in University for Peace.
Sanne Bor, Postdoctoral researcher, Hanken School of Economics
Research interests: Meta-organization, organizations of organizations, associations of organizations, multi-partner alliances, collaborative governance, collective decision-making, collective leadership, self-steering, self-management, inter-organizational collaboration, inter-organizational structures, resourcing, resource dependence, partial organization, cooperative entrepreneurship, collaborative tools, collaborative practice, facilitation, value co-creation, collective action, commons, boundaries, boundary spanning, accountability, identity, legitimacy, membership
- Berkowitz, Héloïse and Sanne Bor, 2017. Why meta-organizations matter. Journal of Management Inquiry. Online published: http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/1056492617712895
- Ahrne, Göran and Nils Brunsson, 2008. Meta-organizations. Edward Elgar Publishing: Cheltenham.
Maria Ehrnström-Fuentes, Postdoctoral researcher, Hanken School of Economics
Research interests: CSR, local community, social license to operate, stakeholder dialogues, forestry, conflicts, stakeholder dialogues, governance, social license to operate, relational ontologies, decolonial research, indigenous knowlegdes, territorial movements, Latin America, alternative food networks, sustainable food, food ethics
- Ehrnström-Fuentes, M & Kröger, M 2016, 'In the shadows of social licence to operate: Untold investment grievances in Latin America' Journal of Cleaner Production, vol 141, pp. 346–358. DOI: 10.1016/j.jclepro.2016.09.112
- Ehrnström-Fuentes, M 2016, 'Delinking Legitimacies: A Pluriversal Perspective on Political CSR' Journal of Management Studies. Vol 53, pp. 433-463. DOI: 10.1111/joms.12173
Martin Fougère, Associate Professor in Politics and Business, Hanken School of Economics
Research interests: business and society, business and politics, corporate responsibility, critical management studies, governmentality, postcolonialism, responsible management education, social innovation, transnational governance
- Fougère, M., Segercrantz, B. and Seeck, H. (in press) 'A critical reading of the European Union’s social innovation policy discourse: (Re)legitimizing neoliberalism'. Organization, DOI 10.1177/1350508416685171
- Fougère, M., Solitander, N. and Young, S. (2014), 'Exploring and Exposing Values in Management Education: Problematizing Final Vocabularies in Order to Enhance Moral Imagination' Journal of business ethics, vol 120, no. 2, pp. 175-187. DOI: 10.1007/s10551-013-1655-9
Johanna Järvelä, Doctoral Student, Dept. of Political and Economic Studies - University of Helsinki
Tiina Jääskeläinen, Doctoral Student, Hanken School of Economics
Research interests: epistemological pluralism, decoloniality, indigenous peoples´ rights, environmental governance and conflicts, critical corporate responsibility, business & society, business & politics, public private partnerships, privatisation of governance
- Antikainen, R, Alhola, K & Jääskeläinen, T 2017, 'Experiments as a means towards sustainable societies – Lessons learnt and future outlooks from a Finnish perspective' Journal of Cleaner Production, vol 169, 169, pp. 216-224. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2017.06.184
- Primmer, E, Bredin, YK, Termansen, M, Blicharska, M, García Llorente, M, Berry, PM, Jääskeläinen, T, Györgyi, B, Fabók, V, Geamana, N, Harrison, PA, Haslett, JR & Cosor, G 2017, 'Caught between personal and collective values: biodiversity conservation in European decision-making' Environmental Policy and Governance
Michael Keaney, Senior Lecturer, Metropolia AMK
Research interests: Global political economy, corporate governance, political economy of finance
- “Picking the entrails of the Washington Consensus”, World Review of Political Economy 2(1): 134-158, April 2011
- “Financialization and social structure of accumulation theory”, World Review of Political Economy 5(1): 45-77, Spring 2014
Markus Kröger, Associate Professor, Development Studies, University of Helsinki
Research interests: Global natural resource politics, Brazilian studies, Tree plantation expansion in the global South, Forestry (particularly pulp and paper) and mining (particularly iron ore) investment and conflicts, Social movement strategies and economic outcomes, Political economy, development and globalization in Latin America and India, Critical agrarian studies, Future of forestry, forest policy, and deforestation, Global land rush in the Tropics and the Arctic, Methodology of comparative politics and world politics
- Contentious Agency and Natural Resource Politics, Routledge, 2014.
- Neo-mercantilist capitalism and post-2008 cleavages in economic decision-making power in Brazil. Third World Quarterly 33 (5), 2012, 887-901.
Eija Meriläinen, Doctoral Student, Hanken School of Economics
Research interests: disasters, resilience, community resilience, informality, NGO, humanitarianism
- Meriläinen, E.S. (2018). From aid to resilience: How to bridge disaster resilience and humanitarian supply chain management research. Palgrave Handbook of Humanitarian Logistics and Supply Chain Management. Palgrave Macmillan.
- Meriläinen, E.S. (2016). Disaster reconstruction housing supply network in the aftermath of Valparaíso fire 2014. 7th EDSI Conference: The water footprint in decision sciences. Helsinki, Finland, 24-27 May 2016. 303-317.
Petri Mäntysaari, Professor of Commercial Law, Hanken School of Economics
Research interests: user-friendly Legal Science, Comparative Law, EU Law, Market Regulation, Commercial Law, Commercial Law Theory, Philosophy of Commercial Law, Corporate Governance, Law of Corporate Finance, Regulation of Financial Services, Capital Markets Regulation, Company Law, Commercial Contract Law, Energy Markets and Electricity Law, Digital Economy and Society
- Mäntysaari P (2017) User-friendly Legal Science: A New Scientific Discipline. Springer http://www.springer.com/us/book/9783319534916
- Mäntysaari P (2012) Organising the Firm: Theories of Commercial Law, Corporate Governance and Corporate Law. Springer http://www.springer.com/us/book/9783642221965#otherversion=9783642426681
Jussi Pakkasvirta, Professor of Area and Cultural Studies Department of World Cultures, University of Helsinki
Pia Polsa, Associate Professor in Marketing, Hanken School of Economics
Research interests: poverty, service and relationship marketing at non-profit settings like health care in developing countries, international marketing channels, and cross-cultural methodology
- Frig Meri-Maaria, Fougere Martin, Liljander Veronica, and Polsa Pia (2016), Business infomediary representations of corporate responsibility, Journal of Business Ethics (ISI 1.3)
- Polsa Pia (2013) The Crossover-Dialogue Approach; The Importance of Multiple Methods for IB, Journal of Business Research, vol. 66, no. 3, pp. 288–297 (ISI 1.773)
Anna Salmivaara, Doctoral Student, University of Helsinki
Research interests: labour rights, labour movements, human rights, gender, corporate social responsibility, private regulation, global supply chains, garment industry, Cambodia, Southeast Asia, legal anthropology, neoliberal authoritarianism
- Salmivaara A. (2017) New governance of labour rights: the perspective of Cambodian garment workers’ struggles. Globalizations 0(0), 1-18.
Juho Saloranta, Doctoral Student, University of Eastern Finland
Research interests: an internationally oriented lawyer, who wants to improve ways in which corporate sustainability taken into account in business. Currently conducting research as a LL.D. candidate on United Nations Guiding Principles, corporate due diligence, sustainability reporting, corporate personhood, supply chains, corporate governance and extraterritorial jurisdiction.
Maria Sandberg, Doctoral Student, Hanken School of Economics
Research interests: sustainable consumption, degrowth, voluntary simplicity, macromarketing, critical marketing. Maria is also a student in sociology at University of Helsinki. Her research interests include sustainable production-consumption systems, voluntary simplicity and sustainability discourses. Her current research focuses on sustainable housing.
- Sandberg, M & Holmlund, M 2015, 'Impression Management Tactics in Sustainability Reporting' Social Responsibility Journal, vol 11, no. 4, pp. 677-689. DOI: 10.1108/SRJ-12-2013-0152
Nikodemus Solitander, Sinituote Postdoctoral Researcher in Supply Chain Management and Social Responsibility, Hanken School of Economics
Ville-Pekka Sorsa, Assistant Professor in Management and Organisation, Hanken School of Economics
Research interests: comparative political economy, economies of worth and value creation, political corporate social responsibility, financialization, public-private partnerships, pension funds, firm-investor relations. Ville-Pekka's ongoing projects are: Sustainability challenges of mining in the Nordic countries: the business, politics and society (SUSMINO), 2018-19 and Organization of employers and the representativeness of labour market organizations, 2017-18. He is also chairman of the Board, CCR and editor-in-chief, Poliittinen talous / Finnish Review of Political Economy
- McCarthy, Michael, Sorsa, Ville-Pekka & van der Zwan, Natascha (2016): Investment Preferences and Patient Capital: Financing, Governance, and Regulation in Pension Fund Capitalism. Socio-Economic Review, Vol. 14, No. 4, pp. 751-769. https://doi.org/10.1093/ser/mww020
- Sorsa, Ville-Pekka (2013): Social responsibility and the political: studying the politics of social responsibility in institutional investment. Journal of Sustainable Finance & Investment, Vol. 3, No. 3, pp. 223–237. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/20430795.2013.791142
Karl-Erik Sveiby, emritus professor, Department of Management & Organisation, Hanken School of Economics
Caroline Sundgren, Doctoral Student, Hanken School of Economics
Teivo Teivainen, professor of World Politics, University of Helsinki
Research interests: Political CSR, global capitalism, radical democracy, liberal freedom, Latin America, Finnish nationalism
- Teivo Teivainen: Yritysvastuun umpikuja (Impasse of the Corporate Responsibility). Kalevi Sorsa Säätiö ja Into Kustannus, Helsinki 2013. Freely available here: http://sorsafoundation.fi/fi/yritysvastuun-umpikuja/
- Matti Ylönen and Teivo Teivainen: “Politics of Intra-Firm Trade: Corporate Price Planning and the Double Role of the Arm’s Length Principle”. New Political Economy, 2017. Freely available here: http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/13563467.2017.1371124
Yewondwossen Tesfaye, Doctoral Student, Hanken School of Economics
Research interests: market rationality, governmentality, identity politics, subjectivity, Cross-sector partnerships, development, water supply, food and climate security
- Human Rights and Technology: The main requisites to implement the 2030 Agenda: Technological innovations and equitable access to clean drinking water– three case studies from Gujarat, India, Ranjan, A., Annala, L. T., Mathur, N., Sarin, A. & Tesfaye Gemechu, Y. 2017 University for Peace.
- Technologies of responsibilization: processes of organizing and individualizing in the Indian water sector, Tesfaye Gemechu, Y. & Annala, L. CR3+ Conference 2017: Making CR work; Helsinki, Finland
Kristoffer Wilén, Doctoral Student, Hanken School of Economics