The Department of Economics at Hanken plays an active role at Helsinki Graduate School of Economics (former HECER). Together with the other academic departments of economics in Helsinki, namely Aalto University and University of Helsinki and the VATT Institute of Economic Research (VATT), there are over a 100 economics researchers under the roof of the Economicum-building. Together we run 7 seminar series in various fields of economics on a weekly basis. Speakers come from top departments in Europe and US.
Seminar series at Economicum:
- Colloquium (on Fridays at 2H30 PM)
- Applied microeconomics (on Wednesdays at 4 PM)
- Macro- and development economics (on Wednesdays at 4 PM)
- Labor and public economics (on Tuesdays at 3 PM)
- Environmental economics (on Tuesdays at 4 PM)
- VATT seminar (on Thursdays at 10H30 AM)
- Lunch seminar (on Mondays at 12H15 PM)
Economicum is also the location where the Yrjö Jahnsson Award lectures (awarded jointly by the Yrjö Jahnsson foundation and the European Economic Association) are held by the winner who is a European economist no older than 45 years old who has made a contribution in theoretical and applied research that is significant to economics in Europe.