Hanken Centre for Corporate Governance (HCCG) invites you to an open panel discussion on whether all students in Finland should pay tuition fees. This question is highly topical, especially in the limelight of a recent report (31.03.2017) published by the Research Institute of the Finnish Economy (Etla) speaking for the motion.
Naturally, this debate is complex, and raises questions on:
- What is the purpose of education?
- Would this policy change incentivize students to graduate faster?
- What does this mean for the Finnish welfare society?
The panel will be moderated by Antti Kähkönen. The panel will consist of
- Elina Lepomäki (Member of the Finnish Parliament, National Coalition Party)
- Li Andersson (Member of the Finnish Parliament, Left Alliance)
- Niku Määttänen (Research Institute of the Finnish Economy, Etla)
- Riina Lumme (National Union of University Students in Finland, SYL)
Thursday 11.5 17.30-19.30
Venue: Assembly Hall (festsalen)
- Please click here to access our Facebook event.